Home Gifts for Summer Celebrations
Summer is just around the corner, and it’s time to start planning for all the outdoor celebrations and activities that come with the season. Whether you’re attending a backyard BBQ, hosting a garden party, or looking for the perfect gift for a loved one, here are home gifts to inspire joy and relaxation.
Outdoor Hostess Gifts for Memorial Day & July 4th
Prep for two of the most popular holidays for outdoor celebrations. If you’re attending a party or hosting your own, consider bringing or gifting outdoor hostess essentials that are both practical and stylish. Some ideas for creating an oasis include:
- Shade structure: To truly wow your host (or guests), offer a chic, sophisticated place to gather away from the heat. Umbrellas, sun sails, and canopies can be found at every price point, providing relief during al fresco outings.
- Outdoor living accessories: For budget-friendly gifting, look for outdoor throw pillows, blankets, and rugs to add pops of color and comfort to any backyard seating area. Choose synthetic materials for weather resistance.
- Outdoor games: Always an engaging and appreciated gift, cornhole or giant Jenga are a hit at summer gatherings, providing hours of entertainment and bonding for guests of all ages.
- Dinnerware: A quick and gorgeous addition to upgrade any gathering and make meals feel more special. Complete an outdoor kitchen set-up with a stunning pack of plates or create a dazzling display with convenient serving pieces. Acrylic and melamine are durable for outdoor use but can still feel elegant.
- Outdoor lighting: Sconces add a warm and cozy ambiance to an outdoor space. String lights and lanterns are favorites for their easy-to-no installation. Either is just what a host needs when they want to invite guests to sit and stay awhile.
Milestone Gifts for Graduations, Weddings, & New Homes
For a major turning point in any person’s life, a thoughtful gift can help commemorate the occasion and prepare them for their next adventure. Whether you’re shopping for newlyweds, graduates, or homeowners, help make their new space feel like home. Here are some summer gift ideas to celebrate the achievements of those closest to you:
- Kitchen appliances: Help tackle their checklist with a high-quality blender or speed up their meals with a specialized cooking tool like an Instant Pot or air fryer. Novelty always makes an appliance gift feel more exciting. Think ice cream maker or fondue fountain for an uplifting vibe.
- Bedding: A set of luxurious pillows, sheets, and throws is a warm welcome to help settle in. Cotton, silk, and linen are impressively fine fibers.
- Bathroom basics: Peace of mind is always a memorable gift that shows you care. Wall mounted hooks and accessories such as trays and canisters can provide them relief as they get organized. To take it up a notch, consider adding flair with a gorgeous blanket ladder or bench to rest their bath linens.
- Curtains: Add privacy and style indoors and out. Neutral tones can fit any aesthetic.
- Personalized items: Go the extra mile for their milestone. A customized welcome mat, a set of monogrammed towels, or a piece of wall art can help make a new house feel like a home. Engraved garden stepping stones can be a lasting reminder of their accomplishments.
Summer Gifting for Mother's Day and Father's Day
Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are a time to celebrate parents, as well as all those who fill that role in our lives. What better way to treat them than with a unique gift? Here are some gift ideas that can be used right away and spoil the outdoor-loving mom or dad:
- Outdoor seating: Encourage your parents to take a load off. Return the favor of their hard work by gifting them a relaxing place to unwind, such as an outdoor rocker, lounge chair, or hammock.
- Grill: For the grill masters who love to cook outdoors, a grill is a classic summer gift. The whole family can enjoy it to mark the special occasion, and then use it to make the most of the beautiful weather all season long. For a big gesture with less spend, a set of high-quality grilling tools along with a specialized cookbook can also be a fun gift for the BBQ enthusiast in your life.
- Outdoor decor: For a big, beautiful focal point that will get a parent outside (even) more, consider a fountain to add a calming ambiance, or a fire pit for cozy summer nights under the stars making s’mores. For less costly gifts, choose a charming birdfeeder or wind chime. These cute finishing touches make a parent’s oasis even more irresistible.
- Outdoor bar cart: A drink station is helpful for hosting outdoor parties in the months ahead, keeping refreshments in easy reach as guests soak up the rays. For drinkware, opt for a set of insulated tumblers or wine glasses to keep drinks cold for hours in the hot summer sun.
- Garden accessories: While a garden tool set is helpful for green thumbs, decor can also enliven your parent’s outdoor space. A personalized garden bench provides a romantic place for them to sit and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. Outdoor planters in their favorite color or pattern are perfect for bringing in greenery. A plant stand can elevate your choices so your parent can better view their favorite flowers.
- Gifting Guides
- Summer Guides