How to Determine Ring Size
Discovering your ring size can be as simple as heading to your local jeweler and having your finger measured, but there are also a few easy ways to assess your ring size at home. Check out our list of three easy ways to determine your ring size and find your perfect fit. If you’ve already purchased the wrong size ring, read our Fast Facts About Resizing Rings.
Measure Your Finger
One of the easiest ways to assess your ring size is to measure your finger with a strip of paper or string:
- Start by cutting out a strip of paper that is approximately 3/4-inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Wrap the paper around the base of the intended finger, and then mark where the paper overlaps. The length of the paper you measured in millimeters is the circumference of your finger.
- After finding this measurement, use our conversion chart to find the corresponding ring size.
- If the size of your finger below the knuckle drastically differs in size from the knuckle itself, measure your knuckle as well. Then, choose a size that falls more in the middle of these two measurements.
Measure a Ring You Already Have
If you have a ring that already fits your finger well, you can use a ruler to measure the inside diameter of this ring:
- Take your ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge.
- Take the diameter measurement in millimeters, and then use our measurement-conversion chart to find your ring size.
Print Out Our Paper Ring Sizer
You can also print out our ring sizer from your computer at home:
- When printing the guide, make sure your print scale is set to 100 percent.
- Make sure the “fit to page” box is left unchecked in order to get an accurate measurement from the printout.
- Place the ring on the circles of this easy-to-use Ring Sizing Guide until you find the size that matches, or cut out the pre-measured strip of paper and use it to measure your finger.
Now that you know your accurate ring size, you can ensure the ring you love fits like a charm. Choose Overstock.com when you’re shopping for rings online. You get free shipping* on every order, no matter the size or price of your cart.
*Not eligible in Alaska and Hawaii.