SALT LAKE CITY — Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSTK) (short cut: O.CO) today announced the unveiling of the O.co Coliseum. The O.co Coliseum signage will make its debut on Tuesday, June 7 when U2 performs in the facility at 7:05 p.m. PT. To learn more visit www.overstock.com/oakland.
"Our customers associate 'O' with Overstock.com, which made the transition to O.co seamless. As a Savings Engine, this is the next step in adding more visibility to our shortcut," said Overstock.com Chairman and CEO Patrick Byrne. "Naming the facility O.co Coliseum demonstrates our commitment to seeing through the execution of the new domain."
In April 2011, Overstock.com announced a six-year deal, in partnership with the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority that included naming rights to the home of both the NFL Oakland Raiders and the MLB Oakland Athletics.
The Coliseum Authority is thrilled to have O.co as a corporate partner and placing their name on the building. Authority's goal was to sell its' name to a reputable company that does a vast amount of business not only in the Bay Area but also worldwide. We look forward to a strong and healthy partnership for years to come." said Ignacio De La Fuente, Chair of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority.
"Overstock.com is clearly at the forefront of digital marketing and their decision to use a .CO domain in such a big way, underscores their willingness to lead the market and to disrupt the status quo," said Juan Diego Calle, CEO of .CO Internet SAS. "With the exponential growth of mobile commerce, where shaving milliseconds means gaining a strategic competitive advantage, customers around the world can now reach the company's products and services quickly and securely by simply typing O.co - the shortest possible URL in the world."
Founded in 1999, Overstock.com employs more than 1600 people. The company's annual revenue has grown from $1.8 million in 1999 to $1.1 billion in 2010. For the past five years, Overstock.com ranked among the top four retailers in the U.S. for customer service, according to rankings published in the 2011 NRF Foundation/American Express Customer Service Survey, and recently Forbes reported that Overstock ranked first in employee satisfaction among all U.S. retailers and ninth among the best U.S. corporations for whom to work.
Top Selling Fan Shop ProductsAll Fan Shop Products
- +Quick View Today: $293.49 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $63.99 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $45.04 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $229.00 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $11.21 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $39.49 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $1,287.99 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $339.49 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $119.49 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $36.39 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $99.00 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $92.49 Save 0%
Top Selling ProductsAll Top Selling Products
- +Quick View Today: $1,314.49 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $104.38 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: Add to cart to see special price Save 0%
- +Quick View
- +Quick View Today: $16.49 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $76.99 Save 0%
- +Quick View Today: $99.99 Save 0%