"Why did you choose this product?"
I use a left handed reel, which is much less common than right handed. I wasn't sure if I would like this, but I do. It moves very smoothly. I thought I ordered the lever drag but it turned out to be a star drag. I am keeping it anyway because it seems nice....
This user earned $5.00 in rewards for writing this review.Learn More
ITEM#: 16762902The Penn Squall 30 Level Wind reel is the successor to the GT series reels which have been around for decades and proven themselves on big fish. The Squall LW has all of the proven features of the GT series, with the addition of improved gear ratios and an instant anti-reverse bearing, in a more compact package.
- Graphite frame and sideplates
- Forged and machined aluminum spool
- Bronze main gear and SS pinion gear, HT-100 drag system, 2 stainless steel bearings
- Line capacity: 370 yards/30 pounds test monofilament, 710 yards/50 pounds test braid
- Gear ratio 5.2:1, max drag 20 pounds
- Brand: Penn
- Model: SQL30LWLH
- Materials: Graphite, aluminum, stainless steel
- Color: Black/gold
- Dimensions: 5 inches high x 7 inches wide x 4 inches deep
- Weight: 1.3 pounds
|Material||Aluminum, Stainless Steel|
|Warranty||1 year Limited Manufacturer|
|Country of Origin||China|
Questions & Answers
It is the best.
"How good is this reel Penn Squall 30 LW - LH reel for "COD" and bottom fishing salt water Thanks."
Hello dave, they have great line capacity and is a great reel for bottom fishing. If you are wanting to catch fish over 30 pounds it is recommended to upgrade to the Penn Squall 50.
Shipping & Returns
Usually leaves our warehouse in 1-2 business days. *
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details