"I know NOTHING about telescopes and my husband enjoys looking at the stars. What should I be looking for ?"
ITEM#: 15566033Levenhuk Skyline 70x900 EQ is a refractor telescope for beginners that is perfect for both celestial and terrestrial observations. A relatively long focal length (3.4 inches) provides clear and sharp images and magnification up to 180x. With this telescope you will be able to observe mountains and craters on the moon, the phases of Venus, Jupiter's disk with cloud bands and its four satellites, the rings of Saturn and Titan, binary stars and star clusters, as well as bright nebulae and galaxies.
Ideal for planetary observations and observations of binary stars. The durable and lightweight aluminum tube is set on an equatorial mount. This mount allows more precise tracking of astronomical objects, keeping them within sight through the eyepiece. The mount is indispensable for astrophotography and celestial observations. Additionally you will get two eyepieces with the focal length of 10 and 25 mm and a field of view of 50 - 52°. Eyepiece lenses are made of glass and have a multi-layer coating.
- Levenhuk Skyline 70x900 EQ Telescope Refractor.
- Thanks to a factory default adjustment you can start your observation right away
- The telescope provides precise and contrast images with no chromatic aberrations
- Highly detailed pictures even at large aperture
- Can be used for astrophotography
- Suitable for both terrestrial and astronomical observations
- Perfect for beginners
- Brand: Levenhuk
- Magnification: 180
- Objective diameter: 70
- Objective lens diameter: 70 mm.
- Focal length: 900 mm
- Optical design: Refractor
- Focal length, mm: 900
- Focal ratio: f/12.9
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 11.2
- Resolution threshold: 1.71 inches
- Eyepieces diameter: 1.25 inches
- Eyepieces: SUPER 10, SUPER 25
- Barlow lens: 2x
- Finder scope: 6x24
- Mount: EQ1
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Tripod height (adjustable), in: 25.6 - 49.2
- Weight: 35.3 lb.
- Dimensions: 13.2 inches long x 42.5 inches wide x 9.3 inches high
|Model Number||Skyline 70x900 EQ|
|Country of Origin||China|
Questions & Answers
Hello Carol, we suggest reading the Telescope Buying Guide on the following link, Thank you for shoppijng with us. http://www.overstock.com/guides/telescopes-buying-guide
Shipping & Returns
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details
Standard Return Policy:
This item cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii. More details