"I have a 12 x 24 in-ground salt water pool that I would like to use this panel to warm the water. If I hang on a fence or use a rack, how do I attach it? Are there slots in the panel so I can screw into the frame/fence? Also, what are the hoses? How would I attach to my pump and pvc piping? Can you attach a close-up of the panel? Thanks, Tom in Florida"
ITEM#: 13481636Deluxe Solar Bear Above-Ground Solar Heater is manufactured by the premier company in the solar business. Solar Bear's surface is fully wetted by pool water insuring the most efficient panel available. Extra large headers maintain your pool's circulation and ensure excellent solar heat transfer to your pool water. Solar Bear systems are comprised of a single extra-large collector with no couplings or connectors. The system is made of tough UV stabilized polyethylene that will last many seasons under direct sunlight. Put solar to work in your pool and swim in a warmer pool without the huge expense of heating it.
- 4 foot x 20 foot extra large solar collector
- Mount on the ground, on a rack or nearby roof
- Complete with all hardware and instructions
- Optimal heating with unobstructed sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Solar heating system
- Excellent solar heat transfer
- Extra large headers do not slow down your pool's circulation
- Efficient panel design
- Surface is fully whetted by pool water
- Requires no couplings or connectors
- The system is made of U.V. stabilized polyethylene that is very tough and will last many seasons under direct sunlight
- Two (2) 6-foot hoses
- Four (4) clamps
- Integral bypass valve
- Materials: Polyethylene
- Dimensions: 16 inches high x 16 inches wide x 59 inches long
- Model: NS725
Solar panel requirements:
- 16 to 24-foot round pool needs 1 panel to effectively heat pool
- 27 to 28-foot round pool needs 2 panels to effectively heat pool
- 12 to 15x24-foot oval pool needs 1 panel to effectively heat pool
- 16x26- to 32-foot and 18x34-foot oval pools need 2 panels to effectivly heat pool
- 20x40-foot oval pools need 3 panels to effectively heat pool
|Dimensions||16 in. H x 16 in. W x 59 in. L|
|Warranty||10 year Limited Distributor|
|Country of Origin||United States|
Quality RatingLearn More
Features for RugsSee All Features
Questions & Answers
Included in this system are two 6-ft 1.5" diameter hoses and four clamps to hook the system up to your filtration system. Solar Bear panels can be mounted on the ground, on a rack, or a nearby roof with included hardware.
"how warm can the system keep the pool. I desire to keep it at 70 degrees will it do it? Please let me know. Thanks. Eugene"
Hello ghost382, This should raise the temperature by around 70 degrees Fahrenheit during full-sun conditions.Thanks for shopping with us!
Wow! I hope overstock customer care took into consideration the size of your pool, current water temperature and your weather conditions. Good luck!!! I was in the swimming pool business for 25 yrs.
"i will need 2 panels. do you send complete kit for 2 or do you send different price naked panel at a lower price to make up for the needed panel"
This is sold as:Includes: Two 6-foot hoses, four clamps, integral bypass valve, a 4x20-foot solar panel and complete installation and user's manuals. Kits or sets are not separated to sell a single component, sorry.
Shipping & Returns
Leaves our warehouse in 1-5 business days. * *
Our standard shipping method is ground shipping. We also offer expedited shipping for most items. Your final
shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available at checkout.
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
This item cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii. More details