Handmade Mango Wood End Table (Thailand)
Out of Stock: This item is currently unavailable.
- Mango Wood End Table is a stylish handcrafted addition to any home
- Handcrafted by Mali Sompien and a team of skilled artisans in Northern Thailand
- Hand made with mango wood material
- When a mango tree reaches 20 or 30 years of age, its fruit is no longer sustainable
- Measures 18 inches high x 16 inches wide x 16 inches deep
Mango wood is indigenous to Northern Thailand. It is here, in the Golden Triangle, where Mr. Suwichack Ampanan and a small group of fellow artisans have been perfecting the craft of working with mango wood. Mr. Ampanan first learned the trade of woodworking about 15 years ago from his father. He now oversees a group of five artisans, but is actively involved in most every piece that leaves the workshop. By employing other local artisans, Mr. Ampanan has allowed them to enjoy a better standard of living than is offered by farming. All mango wood products from Mr. Ampanan's workshop are environmentally responsible. They only use mango trees that can no longer bear fruit. He and his staff hope you enjoy their products as much as they enjoy creating them.
What is Worldstock?
The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
Ships Carbon Neutral*
Country of Origin: Thailand
18 in. H x 16 in. W x 16 in. D
Furniture Frame Material