Handmade Leather Owl Piggy Bank (India)
Pricing and Options
Pay it off in up to 24 months with the Overstock Store Credit Card. Learn More
Delivery Estimate Summary
Want a shipping estimate?
Free Shipping & Free Returns*
Start 30 day free trial. $19.95/year.
Add to Cart Button
- Think outside the piggy bank box with this adorable leather Owl bank that stashes coins while also serving as a colorful room accent. Hand-crafted of cruelty-free leather (from animals who died naturally), our lovable little owl is a vibrant reminder that saving money doesn't have to be boring.
- Product Features:
- Colors/pattern: Elephant
- Handcrafted in India
- Type: Piggy bank
- Snap closure on side allows for easy removal of coins
- Material: Cruelty-free Leather
- Dimensions: 5.25 inches wide x 6 inches high x 1.5 inches deep
- Story Behind the Art:Sitara Collections was born from founder Linda Singh's passion for artisan-created goods, and a determination to offer thoughtfully made items rather than mass-produced pieces. With workshops in Delhi, and Jaipur, Sitara Collections employs approximately 25 makers creating a range of jewelry as well as leather pieces. The women who make the jewelry have all been able to learn new skills, while the men who make the leather pieces utilize techniques that have been passed down generations. Linda is proud that the stones used in their jewelry is all ethically sourced, and that their leather is colored using vegetable dyes. An even larger source of pride is that by working with Sitara Collections, the makers Linda employs work in clean, safe environments, and are paid a fair wage that makes it possible to support themselves and their families. Being based in India, it was important for Linda to give back. So Sitara Collections started the Shiksha Vikas Vidyalaya School in the small village of Chanchali. The school provides after-school programs designed to supplement and enrich students' education in the areas of mathematics and English in order to give them a head start and help them forge a new path for their lives. What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.Imported
Country of Origin: India
Item #: 15875209
Books and Book Ends
Season or Holiday