- Bowron sheepskin ivory pelt rug is handmade of 8 different sheepskins
- Genuine sheepskin accent rug created with a 42-step tanning method
- Casual area rug is made from individual pelts sewn together
- Sheepskin rug is the result of the same methods pioneered in the 1880s by the Bowron brothers from Yorkshire
- Bowron's unique 42-step tanning method has been constantly refined and perfected over the past 100 years
- Raw skins are expertly trimmed, machine and hand-washed before the tanning commences
- Tanned fleece is dried, combed by machine, combed by hand, and polished to enhance the natural luster of the sheep's wool
- Authentic Bowron rugs are made from select lambs from the finest flocks from Australia's outback, the high stateside runs and the lush green pastoral farms of New Zealand
- Bowron operates tanneries in New Zealand and Australia, which are conveniently placed in the midst of prime sheep-farming areas, ensuring a plentiful source of high-quality raw material
- Rug measures 77 inches long x 71 inches wide
- 2-inch thick pile
- Primary color: ivory
- Pattern: animal
Your Bowron sheepskin may have been tightly packaged and the wool may appear flattened. Wool fibers are resilient and will bounce back to their original springy appearance. A vigorous shake will help restore the soft, fluffy appearance of the wool.
- Machine or hand wash in warm water using a mild liquid detergent
- Spin to remove excess water
- Dry flat or on a line and stretch to shape while damp
- Do not iron or bleach
Tip: We recommend the use of a non-skid pad to keep the rug in place on smooth surfaces.
All rug sizes are approximate. Due to the difference of monitor colors, some rug colors may vary slightly. We try to represent all rug colors accurately. Please refer to the text above for a description of the colors shown in the photo.
Country of Origin: New Zealand
77 in. x 71 in.
Free standard shipping for everything
1000s of items 1-2 day delivery
Free shipping to the lower 48 states*
*Excludes Alaska and Hawaii, P.O. Box or APO/FPO/DPO and International orders.Learn More