"Do I need to charge the battery when I get the kit"
Athenatech MIC-40W Power Accessory Kit
- Great for In-Outdoor activities, Emergency & Rescue, Education, Home, Park, Recreation, Camping, Mountain Climbing, Fishing, Hunting, Backpacking, RV, Car, Truck, Marine, Boat, Military, Troops, Beach Activities & More....
- The Kit, comes with 40W Mono-Crystalline Foldable Solar Panels, 12V x 8Ah lithium rechargeable battery, and accessories in a compact packing box.
- Equipped with new quick charging MPPT controller that increases power efficiency up to 90.
- It takes 4 - 5 hrs to fully charge the 12V x 8Ah lithium battery. Battery have a 12V DC output port & 5V USB output port for bus powered devices and any other 12V devices.
- Solar Panels used are made by SunTech, world's number one panel manufacturer.
- For a cellular phone with power consumption of 2W, you may use it for 40 hours.
- Model: MIC-40W
- Materials: Mono-Crystalline Solar Panel ; Lithium Polymer Battery
- Dimensions: Open 1 inch (H) x 24 inches (W) x 29 inches (L)
- Folded 2 inches (H) x 10 inches (W) x 12 inches (L)
- Capacity: 40W
- Quantity of Persons Supplied: 1
- Storage: 96W (12Vx8Ah) Lithium Battery
- 40W Foldable Solar panel
- MPPT charger connector
- 96W Lithium Polymer Battery
- 12V-110V Inverter/Adaptor
- 12V Car Charger Adaptor
- Car battery clamp style cable
- Shelf-life: 10 years
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer
|Country of Origin||China|
When I first bought this item and I was really excited, but when I opened the package I discovered that the battery was in two separate pieces. It looked as though the plastic that was holding it together had been broken somehow. I returned it for a replacement. When the replacement arrived the product looked new. I immediately began using the panel to charge the battery as instructed and it worked fine. I tested it on many appliances in my house and it worked great. But I noticed something unusual a couple weeks later. After 10+ hours of continuous sun exposure the battery would still not fully charge as the MPPT controller is supposed to indicate this with a green light. All I ever saw was a blinking red light (which indicates it is charging). I am in the process of returning it and this time for a full refund. I would not recommend this product to anyone.Read More
Questions & Answers
According to the review on the site yes you would.
Yes, normally. when you connect the battery to the MPPT controller, then connect to the solar panel, if it show green flash light. means it has been pre-charged from the factory. please follow the READ ME first warning sheet. Connect order in reverse, may cause damages to the electronics.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Emergency Preparedness Buying Guide
Emergency Preparedness Buying Guide from Overstock.com. Make sure you have these emergency preparedness essentials, whether you are just starting to build your kit or taking inventory of your existing supplies.
Create the Perfect Bug-Out Bag
Create the Perfect Bug-Out Bag from Overstock.com. Learn how to create the perfect bug-out bag and shop for the survival gear that will give you and your family 72 hours of critical emergency supplies.
How to Prepare For a Disease Outbreak
How to Prepare For a Disease Outbreak from Overstock.com. Taking preventative steps and making an emergency preparedness plan will help you be better prepared for disease outbreaks.
Shipping & Returns
Our standard shipping method is ground shipping. We also offer expedited shipping for most items. Your final
shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available at checkout.
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.