"Why did you choose this product?"
ITEM#: 14276162This is a silver 2.5-inch SATA HDD enclosure. Convert your 2.5-inch hard drive disc into an external hard drive for more flexibility and convenience.
- High-speed external storage system for 2.5-inch hard disk drive
- Fits all 2.5-inch SATA hard drive disks
- Portable and easy installation
- Supports Plug-and-play and Hot-swapping
- The transmission interface conforms to the standard specifications of USB 2.0/ SATA, and is compatible with the USB 1.1 interface
- Special shock absorber device enhances protection
- Supports up to 500 GB HDD
- Made strong with Aluminum Magnesium alloy Material
- Case Size: 4.25-inches long x 2.75-inches wide x 0.75-inches thick
- LED indicator monitors activity of hard disk drive
- Supports Windows 98/ ME/ 2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7, Mac OS 8.6 or up.
- External Power and Data - High speed USB 2.0 mini-5pin
- Internal Power and Data - SATA (Serial ATA)
- Color: Sliver
- Accessory only. Hard drive disc not included
- Warning: California residents only, please note per Proposition 65, this product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and/or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling or using this product, and contact the manufacturer(s) for information regarding the chemicals that may be contained in these products.
For state-specific electronic recycling and disposal information, please click here.
|Interface Type||USB 2.0|
|Country of Origin||China|
The case is flimsy with poor construction and is easy to bend, there are no “shock absorbers”. The LED solder points broke after only 3 weeks of use. I would not recommend this case if you actually intend to carry the hard drive around. The cable that came with it is pretty good though.Read More
A bit of a hassle setting this up. You will need a computer with older software versions, Win98, Win2000, because it will not work with Win7 or Win10.Read More
After getting into the hard drive to recover some data, this piece looks great and serves me well as replacement housing for the disk.Read More
Looks great and works great.Read More
Questions & Answers
I was need of this item as a replacement, I had an Overstock.com credit and this aluminum casing looks attractive.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
How to Buy an External Hard Drive
How to Buy an External Hard Drive from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to buy an external hard drive.
Hard Drives Buying Guide
Hard Drive Buying Guide from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about hard drives.
How to Pick a RAID Level For Your Hard Drive
How to Pick a RAID Level to Use With your Hard Drives from Overstock.com. Ourguides provide customers with information about how to pick a RAID level to use with your hard drives.
Tips on Maintaining Your Hard Drive
Tips on Maintaining Your Hard Drive from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with tips on maintaining hard drives.
How to Use Multiple Hard Drives
How to Use Multiple Hard Drives on Your Computer from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about installing multiple hard drives on a computer.
How to Choose Between an Internal and External Hard Drive
How to Choose Between an Internal and External Hard Drive from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about choosing between an internal and an external hard drive.
How to Transfer Files between Hard Drives
How to Transfer Files between Hard Drives from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to transfer files between hard drives.
FAQs about Hard Drives
FAQs about Hard Drives from Overstock.com. To get the most out of your computer, it can help to know the answers to some frequently asked questions about hard drives.
Hard Drive Glossary
Hard Drive Glossary from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about hard drives.
Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Shopping for Computers
Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Shopping for Computers from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about the top five mistakes to avoid when shopping for computers.
Shipping & Returns
Our standard shipping method is ground shipping. We also offer expedited shipping for most items. Your final
shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available at checkout.
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details
Standard Return Policy for Electronics:
The items must arrive at our warehouse within 30 days of purchase. You must return items in their original condition to qualify for a full refund. We will issue a partial refund of up to 70 percent if returned items have been opened, used, or returned late. More Details
For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.