The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers: A Legal Toolkit for Independent Producers (Paperback)
* How can you use a state's film tax credits to fund your film? SEE PAGE 63.
* You have an idea you want to pitch to a production company; how do you safeguard your concept? SEE PAGE 77.
* How can you fund your production with product placement? SEE PAGE 157.
* How do you get a script to popular Hollywood actors and deal with their agents? SEE PAGE 222.
Find quick answers to these and hundreds of other questions in this new edition of The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers. This no-nonsense reference provides fast answers in plain English-no law degree required! Arm yourself with the practical advice of author Thomas Crowell, a TV-producer-turned-entertainment-lawyer.
This new edition features:
* New sections on product placement, film tax credits and production incentive financing, Letters of Intent, and DIY distribution (four-walling, YouTube, Download-to-own, Amazon.com, iTunes, and Netflix)
* Updated case law
* Even more charts and graphics to help you find the information you need even more quickly.
This book is the next best thing to having an entertainment attorney on retainer!
* Avoid legal pitfalls with this quick reference guide- get real answers written in plain English for filmmakers, not for lawyers * Three books in one: a handy manual on film contracts, a step-by-step guide to critical legal issues on and off the set, and a quick reference on copyright and intellectual property issues *Revised and updated to cover YouTube, Internet distribution, webisodes, and production services agreements
|Genre||LAW / Entertainment|
|Publisher Date||2011-01-06 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.35 lb|
|Subtitle||A Legal Toolkit for Independent Producers|
|Audience||Professional and scholarly|
|Authors||Crowell, Thomas A.|
|Country of Origin||United States|
The Role of Independent Directors in Corporate Governance (Paperback)
Thinking Like a Lawyer: A New Introduction to Legal Reasoning (Paperback)
The American Legal System and Civic Engagement: Why We All Should Think Like Lawyers (Hardcover)
The Worlds Cause Lawyers Make: Structure And Agency In Legal Practice (Paperback)
The Worlds Cause Lawyers Make: Structure And Agency In Legal Practice (Hardcover)
The Good Lawyer (Paperback)
The English Legal System (Paperback)
Barron's Dictionary of Legal Terms: Definitions and Explanations for Non-Lawyers! (Paperback)
Questions & Answers
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Best Books to Give for Mother's Day
Best Books to Give for Mother's Day from Overstock.com. If your mom is a bookworm, use these tips to find her a literary Mother's Day gift.
How to Create Your Own Reading List
How to Create Your Own Reading List from Overstock.com. Learn how to choose books that you'll enjoy and create a useful, engaging, and fun reading list.
FAQs About Banned Books
FAQs about Banned Books from Overstock.com. Celebrate the freedom to read! Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about banned books.
Twilight - Beyond the Novels
Twilight: Beyond the Novels from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about Twilight, the novel.
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide from Overstock.com. Looking for something to read? Here is a list of notable Pulitzer Prize-winning books.
How to Start a Book Club
How to Start a Book Club from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to start a book club.
10 Fun Facts about Disney
10 Fun Facts about Disney from Overstock.com. Disney has a long, exciting history, and here are some fun and lesser known facts.
Living Frugally--Adding Savings to Your Lifestyle
Living Frugally: Adding Savings to Your Lifestyle from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about living frugally.
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with tips on selecting the perfect entertainment gift.
Shipping & Returns
3-5 Business Days *
This product is not yet released, and is expected to ship on Jan. 6, 2011.
This date is subject to change. In order to assure you receive Overstock.com's low price on this item, your credit card will be charged upon order placement. The item will ship immediately upon release.
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.