The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener (Paperback)
With more than 45,000 sold since 1988, The New Organic Grower has become a modern classic. In this newly revised and expanded edition, master grower Eliot Coleman continues to present the simplest and most sustainable ways of growing top-quality organic vegetables. Coleman updates practical information on marketing the harvest, on small-scale equipment, and on farming and gardening for the long-term health of the soil. The new book is thoroughly updated, and includes all-new chapters such as:
- Farm-Generated Fertilityhow to meet your soil-fertility needs from the resources of your own land, even if manure is not available.
- The Moveable Feasthow to construct home-garden and commercial-scale greenhouses that can be easily moved to benefit plants and avoid insect and disease build-up.
- The Winter Gardenhow to plant, harvest, and sell hardy salad crops all winter long from unheated or minimally heated greenhouses.
- Pestshow to find "plant-positive" rather than "pest-negative" solutions by growing healthy, naturally resistant plants.
- The Information Resourcehow and where to learn what you need to know to grow delicious organic vegetables, no matter where you live.
Written for the serious gardener or small market farmer, The New Organic Grower proves that, in terms of both efficiency and profitability, smaller can be better.
|Genre||GARDENING / Organic|
|Publisher Date||1995-10-01 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Chelsea Green Pub Co|
|Unit weight||1.9 lb|
|Subtitle||A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener|
|Edition Detail||Revised, Expanded, Subsequent|
The Apple Grower: Guide for the Organic Orchardist (Paperback)
The Organic Book of Compost: Easy and Natural Techniques to Feed Your Garden (Paperback)
The Organic Composting Handbook: Techniques for a Healthy, Abundant Garden (Paperback)
Teaming with Fungi: The Organic Grower's Guide to Mycorrhizae (Hardcover)
Composting Basics: All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started (Paperback)
The Winter Harvest Handbook + Year-Round Vegetable Production: Year-round Vegetable Production Using Deep-organic Techniques ...
Vegetable Gardening for Organic and Biodynamic Growers: Biographies of Over 70 Vegetables, With Detailed Accounts... (Paperback)
The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year-Round Vegetable Production Using Deep-Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses (Paperback)
Questions & Answers
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Best Books to Give for Mother's Day
How to Create Your Own Reading List
FAQs About Banned Books
Twilight - Beyond the Novels
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide
How to Start a Book Club
How to Start a Book Club from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to start a book club.
10 Fun Facts about Disney
10 Fun Facts about Disney from Overstock.com. Disney has a long, exciting history, and here are some fun and lesser known facts.
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with tips on selecting the perfect entertainment gift.
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *