This is my first down or down alternative comforter, and I've had it about a week now. My husband and I decided we needed something more cozy than our previous comforter, and we decided we each needed our own comforter so we quit disturbing each other when we roll over at night. We have a king size bed, we are tall (5'10" and 6'4") and we have dogs that we like to cuddle with while we read, so I wanted something big enough for us and our bed and something we could wash. So here is my evaluation of this comforter:
1. It is puffy. Puffier even than the picture. I love it!
2. It is warm. Our house has been around 63 degrees lately (our thermostat is being worked on) and these comforters have been our salvation!
3. It is cozy. It's the kind of comforter that is so thick and cozy that when you lay on top of it you sink into it, and when you're under it, you can sort of burrow in. Our first night using this comforter, my husband said that the cozy factor of our bed increased like 5 times!
4. It is quality. It's not going to fall apart, and given a good cover and normal usage, should last a very long time.
It fits in a regular size duvet cover. I was worried that I would have to spend a lot of money to get a cover big enough to handle this comforter. Not so. And that's actually the first con...
1. It is not as big as the website or the tag on the comforter says. I measured ours and they are 76" wide by 81" long. My guess is that the fabric for the top piece before the stuffing is put in is probably 90" by 88;" then they add the stuffing and it suddenly becomes much smaller. However, it does mean that this comforter fits in a regular sized duvet cover, and we have found that our two queen size comforters are long enough to cover us comfortably, and they cover our king bed nicely.
2. It is loud. It's true. It rustles a lot. We think it sounds cozy, but I can certainly see how it would bother a light sleeper. It sounds quite like an old waterproof sleeping bag does. But again, we think it adds to the cozy factor.
3. It is warm. We live in an area where temps range from 20 below to 110 each year (yeah, I know... what are we thinking!). Last night my husband expressed his concern that this comforter will be too hot in the summers. An easy fix for us - I'll just take the comforter out of the duvet cover, and we'll use the duvet cover by itself (we don't have AC... again, what are we thinking!).
We love the comforters we bought, but I read many of the reviews and was concerned about what might be coming. However, I was prepared to deal with the noise, and I had regular size duvet covers waiting at the house to try out the size of this comforter. If you order it, just be ready for these things - if they'll bother you, don't order it! If you think you can live with those quirks of this comforter, I hope you do order it. We love this comforter, and if there was a way to put 6 stars up for comfort and value, I would have. It's really wonderful and just what we were looking for at a price we could afford!
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.
Eziba® | Shop Eziba.com®
Over half a million prices checked each week. Overstock.com strives to deliver the lowest prices and the biggest savings on all the products you need for your home.