Looking for a featherbed--This is the one!! I was leary when I received it and opened it up because of past experiences with purchasing other featherbeds. Not this one--they are not kidding when they say 5-inches thick it really is!! And to receive a cover sheet for that price-unbelievable.
Lay it out on your bed and slide your cover sheet on--it begins to instantly fluff up and rise. I pushed the sides in and the top and bottom in and up until it is piled up like a pyramid on my bed, I let it sit that way to air out and fluff up. It really works--I do this every other week to really fluff it up-- and believe me it responds.
I have to tell you that it is truly like sleeping on a cloud!! I had a friend who was store buying featherbeds for twice the cost and returning them because he was so dissatisfied. I told him to purchase this one and he loves it. He said,"Finally a featherbed that is all that it says it is...I cannot believe how comfortable this is." It is well worth the price..... and one comparable in quality would easily go for twice the price. If you have had similiar experiences with trying to find a good featherbed--Seriously!!---Look No More--This Is The One!!
I have purchased two of these featherbeds. One for myself, one for my son and his wife. I have slept on mine over a year. It is wonderful. Stays in place on the bed, due to heavier weight. So soft and comfortable to sleep on. No sticks! Will require fluffing every few days, to keep it lofty. I have a queen, and use a King size sheet over the featherbed and my mattress. You want to have a bit of looseness in your sheet for fuller comfort. Don't hesitate to purchase this wonderful Down/feather bed. I have owned several featherbeds, that cost three times the price. This is the best featherbed I have ever purchased.
I researched feather beds thoroughly before deciding to purchase this one. To anyone purchasing a feather bed, whether you decide to go with this one or not, be aware of the following:
1. You will need a feather bed cover, or the feathers will poke out of the bed like little needles. This feather bed comes with a cover, and I have never been poked.
2. Feather beds that are baffled will keep the down in place. Feather beds that don't have baffles allow the down to shift and clump awkwardly. This feather bed is baffled and keeps the down in place very well.
3. All feather beds will make your mattress higher, so be prepared to use fitted sheets with deep pockets in order to accommodate the added bulk of your mattress. I ordered the 320 thread count sheet set in mineral blue and the pockets worked beautifully with the feather bed.
4. Feather beds tend to be smaller than the mattress they are designed to fit. That is, a Queen-size feather bed will not cover an entire Queen mattress. Therefore, ORDER A KING SIZED FEATHER BED FOR A QUEEN SIZE BED! I ordered this bed in King size for my Queen bed and it covers the bed perfectly (no extra feather bed hanging over an edge, but also no area left uncovered).
5. Feather beds will need to be fluffed after a few nights sleeping on them. The down gets pressed down a bit. It's still comfortable, but not as cloud-like, if you don't lift the corners off the fitted sheet and fluff the feather bed up. This feather bed is no exception--be prepared for the occasional fluff.
Overall, I'm extremely happy to have purchased a feather bed, and this feather bed specifically had all of the qualities I was looking for. I recommend it highly.
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.
Eziba® | Shop Eziba.com®
Over half a million prices checked each week. Overstock.com strives to deliver the lowest prices and the biggest savings on all the products you need for your home.