Looking for a featherbed--This is the one!! I was leary when I received it and opened it up because of past experiences with purchasing other featherbeds. Not this one--they are not kidding when they say 5-inches thick it really is!! And to receive a cover sheet for that price-unbelievable.
Lay it out on your bed and slide your cover sheet on--it begins to instantly fluff up and rise. I pushed the sides in and the top and bottom in and up until it is piled up like a pyramid on my bed, I let it sit that way to air out and fluff up. It really works--I do this every other week to really fluff it up-- and believe me it responds.
I have to tell you that it is truly like sleeping on a cloud!! I had a friend who was store buying featherbeds for twice the cost and returning them because he was so dissatisfied. I told him to purchase this one and he loves it. He said,"Finally a featherbed that is all that it says it is...I cannot believe how comfortable this is." It is well worth the price..... and one comparable in quality would easily go for twice the price. If you have had similiar experiences with trying to find a good featherbed--Seriously!!---Look No More--This Is The One!!
This featherbed is perfect. I literally went to about 7 high-end stores looking for a featherbed and this one is higher quality and much better priced than anything I saw. Not to mention it's just like sleeping on air. I have never had such a good nights sleep. It just envelopes you into a heavenly soft sleep. I would absolutely reccomend this to anyone who is looking for a featherbed.
The reviews I read for this product were so helpful in helping me pick it out. I was reluctant at first, but it came exactly as described by overstock.com and by all the reviews I read.
I researched feather beds thoroughly before deciding to purchase this one. To anyone purchasing a feather bed, whether you decide to go with this one or not, be aware of the following:
1. You will need a feather bed cover, or the feathers will poke out of the bed like little needles. This feather bed comes with a cover, and I have never been poked.
2. Feather beds that are baffled will keep the down in place. Feather beds that don't have baffles allow the down to shift and clump awkwardly. This feather bed is baffled and keeps the down in place very well.
3. All feather beds will make your mattress higher, so be prepared to use fitted sheets with deep pockets in order to accommodate the added bulk of your mattress. I ordered the 320 thread count sheet set in mineral blue and the pockets worked beautifully with the feather bed.
4. Feather beds tend to be smaller than the mattress they are designed to fit. That is, a Queen-size feather bed will not cover an entire Queen mattress. Therefore, ORDER A KING SIZED FEATHER BED FOR A QUEEN SIZE BED! I ordered this bed in King size for my Queen bed and it covers the bed perfectly (no extra feather bed hanging over an edge, but also no area left uncovered).
5. Feather beds will need to be fluffed after a few nights sleeping on them. The down gets pressed down a bit. It's still comfortable, but not as cloud-like, if you don't lift the corners off the fitted sheet and fluff the feather bed up. This feather bed is no exception--be prepared for the occasional fluff.
Overall, I'm extremely happy to have purchased a feather bed, and this feather bed specifically had all of the qualities I was looking for. I recommend it highly.
I am a back sleeper and had a 2 inch memory foam mattress topper on my bed (which I also got from Overstock). My bed was very comfortable for me but my boyfriend is a side sleeper and he was waking up with his shoulders and hips feeling sore. I decided to try the feather bed to make the bed more cushion-y for him (I was also looking for an excuse to get a feather bed anyway).The bed is great. Very thick and full. It gets a little flat throughout the week but I just fluff it up when I change the sheets each week. I don't know why other reviewers on this site say that it has no cushion or that the feathers would move. It is a baffle box construction - they can't move! The one odd thing about it is that the bed comes with a cover (which is definitely an added value) BUT the bed is made like a mattress pad in that it has the elasticized "stuff" to keep it secure to the bed (like a bottom sheet). Well, that meant that I could EITHER secure it to the bed OR use the cover, not both. I ended up opting for the cover. My bed is mattress, memory foam pad, mattress cover (protection and to hold the memory foam in place because that does move), feather bed with cover & THEN the bottom sheet. I don't think the feather bed moves that much. Oh yeah, and my boyfriend sleeps well with no more aches in the morning! Overall, we are very happy with this feather bed. :)
I just received this fiberbed yesterday. It came tightly wrapped in platic and didnt look like the picture at all. When I unwrapped it the bed was extremely plush and overfilled. My son begged to sleep in my bed when he laid on it after i put it on my bed. They bed is sooo soft and supportive we slept soundly. For anyone wanting an upgrade to their mattress old or new I would strongly recommend this bed!
This topper is more like a deluxe mattress pad. I did not want anything plush or thick, and this topper is just great. I sleep on a very firm foam mattress, and this is just the amount of extra I needed to not feel the bedframe under the mattress, which is just under 8" thick. The topper is Land's End, high quality and has a nice cottony feel. Feels like a down comforter and I did wash it in an upright whirlpool and dried it on permanent press just fine. I did not have to take it to a commercial side loading machine. Mine is a queen size so I can't say a king would have fit. High quality, and I am in my late 50's and am very fussy. This says it's waterproof as well, and you would never know it by feel. It feels like it's all cotton, and I am very pleased. Delivery was prompt, I got it within a week.
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.
Eziba® | Shop Eziba.com®
Over half a million prices checked each week. Overstock.com strives to deliver the lowest prices and the biggest savings on all the products you need for your home.