Overstock.com is asked to support hundreds of worthwhile charitable causes and events each year. We make every effort to accommodate as many requests as possible. However, due to the volume of requests we receive on a monthly basis, we are unable to accommodate all requests, even those that fit our charitable support guidelines.
All donation requests must be submitted via an email to OverstockCares@Overstock.com.
Overstock.com often grants support for charitable/non-profit organizations in the following manners:
• In-kind merchandise donation
• Monetary/gift card donations
• Employee/organizational volunteering
Submission of a request does not guarantee participation from Overstock.com. Overstock.com reserves the sole and absolute discretion to determine recipients of its charitable contributions, and may exclude or include organizations and/or grant contributions of cash and/or in-kind donations as determined appropriate.
• Basic organizational information, including:
Organizational overview/mission statement
Type of support offered by organization
Types of groups supported by the organization
Address of all physical locations owned by the organization, even those not directly involved in the request
• 501 c 3 tax exempt status information (if applicable)
• Type of support requested
• Timeline for request, including all applicable dates
• Any other relevant information about the group or event that will help us evaluate the request
Please ensure that your organization and/or request complies with the following guidelines before submitting a request for charitable support:
• All donation requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the request fulfillment date or event date in order for your request to be considered.
• Your organization must be located in the United States of America
• If your organization has 501(C)(3) tax exempt status, you must include all relevant information, including but not limited to a valid Tax Exempt ID number, within your submission in order for your request to be considered.
• Non-charitable or non-philanthropic organizations.
• Non US-based organizations.
• Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, political alienation, pregnancy, union membership, or other legally protected status, except as permitted by law.
• Religious organizations, labor organizations, political organizations, and fraternal or membership organizations (this does not include US Military and Veterans Groups).
• Government entities such as political candidates, committees, or organizations.
• Individual schools or school districts, including public or private daycare facilities, nursery schools, preschools, elementary/middle/grade/jr. high/sr. high schools, community colleges, and universities (this does not include national scholastic or educational non-profits).
• Athletes, teams, individuals, sporting events, competitive events, or tournaments of any kind seeking assistance or sponsorship.
• Groups seeking assistance for personal travel (e.g., travel to conferences, training or learning programs, weddings/reunions/anniversaries/funerals, mission trips, races, contests, competitions, etc.)
• Individuals (or requests on behalf of individuals) for any purpose (e.g. financial or medical hardship, illness, scholarships or scholastic funding, personal projects, etc.)
• Third-party donation requests on behalf of an organization, including cause-based event participation fundraising (e.g. charity races, walks for a cause, etc.)
• Organizations requesting funds or product for endowments, loans, debt reduction, website development, or marketing sponsorships.
• Donor advised funds, private foundations, and personal trusts.
**Please note that the above criteria are intended merely as guidelines for eligibility. Submission of a request does not guarantee your organization will receive a donation or other support. Overstock.com reserves the sole and absolute discretion to determine recipients of its charitable contributions, and may exclude or include organizations and/or grant contributions of monetary and/or in kind donations as determined appropriate.