OVERSTOCK.COM "ESCAPE TO THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS" SWEEPSTAKES CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES April 2010
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
SPONSOR: OVERSTOCK.COM, INC., 6350 S. 3000 E., SLC, UT 84121
- PRIZES: Four (4) qualifying Entrants will receive airfare for two from anywhere in the continental U.S. and six day five night stays at one of four hotels on the island of St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The hotels are the Bolongo Bay Beach Resort, the Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa, the Wyndham Passage and the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort. Winners may use their prize at any time within one year of claiming it. The estimated value of each prize is $2900; the total value of all prizes is $11,600. The prizes will be delivered, provided properly claimed, within two weeks of verification of a Winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY: The "Escape to the U.S. Virgin Islands" Sweepstakes ("the Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories, and possessions), who are 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER as of April 2, 2010 ("Entrant" or "Entrants"). Employees, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and household members (whether related or not) Sponsors and Sponsors' affiliates (including but not limited to the U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism and its promotional agencies), subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to enter. Limit of one entry per Household per each weekly drawing, where Household is defined as those Entrants residing at the same physical address. Entries in excess of this limit will be deemed void. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. The Sweepstakes shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 3, 2010, and ends at 12 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 30, 2010. To enter the Sweepstakes, contestants must go to the entry page at http://www.overstock.com/greatislandescape (or follow the links on the Overstock.com home page) and click "Enter Sweepstakes." Contestants will be required to submit their registration information and answer a question regarding a product or feature on the Overstock.com website. The question will change each day of the contest. Incomplete entries, including entries without the correct answer, are void. Limit: one entry per e-mail address per day.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Potential winners will be selected in four random drawings conducted by Sponsor at its place of business. The drawings will take place on April 12, 2010, April 19, 2010, April 26, 2010 and May 3, 2010. The first drawing will be from among entries made from April 3 through April 9, the second will be from entries made from April 10 through April 16, the third drawing will be from entries made from April 17 through April 23 and the fourth will be from entries made from April 24 through 30. Sponsor will notify potential winner by phone and/or email after the drawing. The winner will be determined after the random drawing, notification of potential winner by Sponsor, response from potential winner, completion by potential winner of required forms and agreements and verification by Sponsor of the potential winner's eligibility.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential Winner is required to sign and return within 10 days of notification, any applicable documents sent by Sponsor related to the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the "Escape to the U.S. Virgin Islands" Sweepstakes "Winner Agreement" which includes an "affirmation of eligibility," a "publicity release" and a "waiver of liability". If Potential Winner fails to return documents as specified or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Entrant will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected from eligible entries previously received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes by giving such notice in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor, in which case, the Prize will be awarded from all eligible entries previously received up to (or if applicable, after) the modification, suspension or termination date and in accordance with these Official Rules.
- DISCLAIMER: IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.OVERSTOCK.COM, OR OTHER SPONSOR INTERNET SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS DON'T APPLY WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- INDEMNITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless each Sweepstakes Entity and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of Utah, County of Salt Lake, having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Utah without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages.
- WINNERS' LIST: For the name of each day's prize winner, available within three business days after the winner is selected, and for one year thereafter, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Escape to the U.S. Virgin Islands" Sweepstakes, Overstock.com, Inc., 6350 S. 3000 E., SLC, UT 84121. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting the name of the prize winner.