These are very flimsy.... but then again, they are made of wire and a flattened beer bottle cap. Tusker is the "budweiser" of Africa. I know this as my sister and her family were missionary pilots there for over 20 years. So, the boys grew up learning to drink beer by tasting Tusker first. They came home wearing Tusker t-shirts on furlough. So, I ordered a pair. I do get compliments on them, though the one has a tendency to twist and turn around on my right ear... I just give it another stays in place, for the most part. They are LONG, almost hanging to my shoulder. Yet, I like them. They are colorful and different from anything you would ever find in a shop or dept. store in America. They generate conversation and that is a good thing. And it is the children of South Africa who are purported to make them, so if these industrious children are earning even pennies for their efforts, I'm all for it. Count me in. JAH
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is fine
- How accurate was the sizing? good
These earrings are really funky and cute - but quite long! They are also very thin and light, not heavy at all. I have very short hair, so they look good on my neck, but for someone who has long hair or who wears it down the earrings might get tangled and disappear. I imagine someone making these by hand. The quality is very nice, and the idea of free trade jewelry is attractive too.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
Dancing figures always generate delight - tor the one wearing these happy ladies or for the audience that is sophisticated to realize that they were born of a loving heart and will never stop dancing! Neither should you!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? wonderful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Carefully made with love and affection
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect!