I am a professional percussionist for many years. So for me, ordering instruments on the internet without playing them first is very risky. You can't tell what they sound and play like. This one really delivered! The skins are good quality thick goat hide. The shell is beautifully carved and resonates the tone beautifully. Similar drums often sell for alot more money. I very much appreciate it guys. Thanks so much! Bret C.
A great value--th is is a real drum--with a nice deep sound. It also looks nice--carvings on the side. Very substantial.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A really big drum with a big sound! I got his for an African student who is staying with us. He played drums growing up. He said the drum is great quality and authentic. It was a great value.
- How accurate was the sizing? It is very large--accurate
Great drum, better looking than the picture and sounds great! Buy this drum and you will not be dissapointed...but don't buy all of them because I want more lol
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? no- it was better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. armarzing
- How accurate was the sizing? very
At this price this is an incredible deal. The only way it could be better is if it were cow skin instead of goat, but you can always replace the skin later. The drum itself is very well made, and I expect it to last a long time. For those who are more familiar with west African drums the sound of this drum is comparable to a sangba, or sangban, and that is actually what I use it for.
This drum is worth way more than 99.00 ! the sound and craftmanship is awesome. The one I got was different from the picture so I guess they are one of a kinds? I am a drummer for over 30 years and love this drum ! simply beautiful :) I might get one more just to have it as a show piece . Just buy this drum !
The drum that arrived had no carving on it and was cracked (top edge). It was well packed and the box did not appear to be damaged which most likely means it was packed with the defect. We'll see how good the return goes... This was my first purchase from Overstock.