Unless you are the son or daughter of Einstein and Mother Theresa, and earned a PhD in cryptography, expect to spend days on end pulling your hair out and cursing the heavens for the mess you have gotten yourself into. So difficult to put together even though I am usually decent at assembling furniture. Otherwise, beautiful dresser.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate. The color is unique and beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Durable, sturdy, quality wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
First set me start off by saying I love overstock & have bought several pieces from them & been more the impressed by the accuracy & price. This piece however I am NOT. I have spent months looking & considering spending a very high penny on a nice dresser from several designer stores for our master bedroom. I decided to check overstock & fell in LOVE with the color of this dresser. It had a vintage look but the color gave it a more distressed feel. I ordered the dresser & it arrived within a week. When the boxes arrived (3 total) everything was intact & perfect. The reason I am giving this piece 3 stars is because the drawers are NOT ENTIRELY WOOD. Let me repeat that, the back side & sides of every drawer is MDF.The front & bottom of the drawers ARE wood. My husband had already started building it when we noticed this. The description states "wood" not part of it is wood (like the actual visable parts are wood). IF I would have known this, I would have rather spent 2 or 3 times the price on a dresser that was ALL made out of wood. VERY disappointing & not expected since everything I have ever bought from overstock that states "wood" is actually ALL wood. Now i realize there were not many reviews on here, but I dont understand how everyone has FAILED to mention that.... ALSO, the second reason I dropped a star is because there is no bottom to the dresser! I have NEVER seen any piece of furniture designed without a bottom. I mean even the cheap all MDF pieces have a bottom.... A HUGE disappointment. HOW can they fail to mention that? So, basically you can put your hand underneath the dresser & feel the bottom of the drawer. There is no wood between the drawer bottom & the ground.. Assembly process wasn't bad at all. It took my husband by himself about 2 hours. Directions weren't clear but he doesnt follow directions anyways. If I wasn't soo excited about the look of this dresser & my husband hadn't built it already I would have returned it.From the outside you would never notice the drawers aren't wood or that there isn't a bottom. So, thats why I gave it a 3 stars because no one can really tell unless I point it out. I wrote this review to warn others. The drawer sides & back piece are MDF & the dresser doesn't have a bottom
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? 100% accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the actual wood peices are great quality, the MDF pices however make the piece not the BEST quality...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not the best
This dresser looks beautiful and really classes up our master bedroom, which was suffering from a lack of cohesion due to using two tiny cast-off mismatched dressers. The drawers are nice and wide and we can fit much more in its six drawers than we did in the 4-drawer and 3-drawer dressers (combined) we had previously. Two people assembling this together took a few hours; the frame came together in about 1.5-2 hours, and each drawer took an average of maybe 10-15 minutes, working at a relaxed pace with distractions. I would not recommend assembling this yourself as it is quite heavy and difficult to turn over. Maybe the word is just "unwieldy," although it is pretty heavy, especially compared to our previous dressers. The product does have an "offgassing" smell for several days both in the box as well as once put assembled. I can only guess it's due to the processing or finish. I seem to remember this about a TV stand we bought from Overstock as well. The smell has dissipated a bit and we are burning candles to aide in the process.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Finish is even more interesting in person, a nice warm grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is better quality than IKEA for not too much more money, considering how large the dresser is. Followed instructions carefully and product appears sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Dresser is average, finish, and color is just what I wanted. The sturdiness of the dresser after putting it together is questionable. I definitely will not be too forceful with it because I want it to last - and get my money's worth. For the price, I thought it would be a better than your basic Ikea furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's average; sturdiness of actual dresser and its parts needs work.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Average
Looks awesome in our midcentury ranch house master bedroom. Modern yet respectful of the period. Nice heavy inverted cone cabinet pulls. This was on sale under $400 which is a great deal. I would consider it high quality for its price range. There are other color variations but we chose this "charcoal" color. Website pictures are accurate however the piece seems to pick up some color characteristics of the room depending on lighting conditions. Color is not dark. Think toffee or driftwood. Solid wood except rear backer. Some reviewers complain that it is difficult to assemble. The number of parts can appear overwhelming. However advance sorting, organization, review of the instructions prior to commencing assembly as well as using a low torque electric screwdriver would help in getting this assembled in under an hour. There was one hiccup. The top arrive damaged. However, Overstock was quick to address the issue and sent a replacement.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality considering budget price + solid wood!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This turned out beautifully but it came in a million parts. Had to have a handyman come and build it and it took 3 hours. Very nice quality though!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I am a stager and use furniture to display space in a room. I don't actually use the furniture - it just has to look good and be the right size, color and style. I feel this items looks very rich and was very easy to build and put together. Instructions were clear.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description
Nice furniture, great price. Matches Ikea color "gray brown".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is great. Matched my Ikea "grey brown" furniture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fairly easy to put together and quality of parts was better than expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate desription.
I received the dresser last week. It's a pretty good quality dresser with the style I was going for. A couple of cons though ... (1) The dresser isn't gray. When I looked at the pictures online, it looked sort of brown-ish, but decided to go for the comments I read suggested it was gray. It's not. (2) I hired someone to assemble the dresser ... he said there were some issues with some of the holes being in the wrong place, etc. Because he does this professionally, he was able to fix it, but that definitely would have been an issue if I tried to do it myself.
It looks exactly like the picture. Made of wood, not 100% wood but mostly. Very sturdy and holds more than I expected. It doesn't look cheap. It came in 3 boxes and definitely requires 2 people to put together. My Dad is a contractor and he needed my hands a few times. I am VERY pleased with this purchase and it arrived very promptly. Oh one thing, it was missing a small piece but it didn't effect anything, thank Goodness!
I ordered 2 of these dressers for a long wall in my Master bedroom. I butted them right up next to each other as there is no overhang. I am very pleased with the quaility of these dressers. They are sturdy and do not look cheap. i am a very particular customer so this is saying alot! They look fantastic,very happy with this purchase! My husband and I assembled both dressers in about 3.5 hours.
Arrived on time and the packaging was impressive. Assembled this by myself in 4 hours. Quite a challenge for a 118 lbs 5'4" woman but I did it! I do love assembling things so I guess this didn't bother me that much. Giving it 4 stars because there's a little scratched surface on the top panel, but aside from that everything works fine. It's sturdy and the drawers are pretty spacious.
Great looking dresser. Took about 1.5 hours to put together. Three pieces of advice -- pay special attention when installing the drawer slides, I mixed the two styles up and had to go back and redo; use a cordless drill with clutch on lowest setting to speed assembly; and I white Elmer's glue to the bottom seams of each of the drawers after they were assembled -- it really improved their stiffness. Perfect dresser for a guest room.