I am pleased with this nicely designed lamp. It's not quite as tall as the description implies unless you bend the lamp up straight, but it's a fine reading lamp with nice light and it was a snap to put together. The plastic parts are lightweight but seem sturdy enough. I like the look of the lamp and am overall pleased. I looked at many cheap lamps. so I know what you can get for the money and think this is better than most I saw. I appreciate that the base is heavy enough to support the lamp. The replacement bulb will cost about 1/4 the original cost of the lamp, which was not something I expected, so I hope it lasts a long time, but I won't know that until later.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The photo implies there's a choice of color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Adequate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Slightly shorter than the description.
Purchased two for 91 year old grandma living in dim lighted retirement community. Placed one beside recliner, and one next to writing table. Gave great light to read newspapers and do paperwork. Be sure to verify height you would like your lamp to be ...this lamp is not tall, but measurements given are accurate!
i think it is a quality product if a daylight spectrum is really what you want. maybe i should have known this but "day light" is really not always what works. at night i find the lamp too subtle and with a very small scope so it is of very limited use. i have used it as light while working on my watercolor paintings and it was not any better than my 100 watt incandescent light. i love the 27 watt usage, that is a plus but its illumination does not substitute for the high wattage bulb.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. see below
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok, not outstanding
Love the lamp, Had one of another brand similar to this but it only lasted about a year. Hope this one fares better. Will update review if it does not! I like the fact that there are two intensities and that it is a natural light. I also like being able to adjust the lamp head to focus in different directions.
This lamp is perfect to have beside my sofa for reading time! Not too tall, the nect adjusts nicely and the lights are perfect! Very sturdy and great quality for the price. I highly recommend this lamp for reading.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy stand, won't tip over.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
A great floor lamp that gives great, clear light. And the style is one that easily integrates in to the contemporary style of my home. I purchased in the Graphite color, The grey/black color blends well with the silver grate over the light. This is my third Verilux lamp and each has been a great addition to my home and support for eye health.
Had an older beige one that still works fine but wanted another color for living room. Great to use for reading-adjustable position for light. Got two-one for me and one for husband. Style is functional with the dark color helping them blend in.
There are two connections with threaded screws and the holes do not match up. A metal screw would help, but what would help the most is to have the holes matched. This was a hassle for me and finally I had to have help from another person. Between us, we never were able to force the holes to match up. We had to force the screw at an angle, with much difficulty. I have had one of these lamps for many years and I love them. The ballast died and I had to have a replacement. If I had know the hassle, I would have thought twice about this purchase. ***
I read in bed a lot, and I wanted a light that would ake it easier. It is very good for reading or any close work where direct light is an asset.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was what I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, but hard to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate