I should have returned this when after 30 days the bottom started rusting out. I called Overstock & they would have gladly taken it back, but then it was a hassle because I didn't have the box anymore & I didn't want to exchange this. I kept it, and this summer I am spray painting the bottom w/rusteoleum paint. It is great & heavy, I should just have exchanged it, since everyone else must have gotten a good one!
I am a stickler for quality products. When I buy something, I usually spend the extra dollar to get something that will last for years rather than months. I expect to spend more to get more for my money. That said, this product was a cheap fix to a severe lack in my life. I dearly wanted a stand for my hammock. Voila! A cheap stand. It is sturdily made of solid metal poles. These poles, however, use only your weight and one push button to secure each section of the frame together. For a slight person like me, this is not a problem, but for someone more substantial, it might be. This product will do the job for me for a while. Ultimately, though, I would have liked to have had something of higher quality that would undoubtedly last a much longer time. For the money I paid, I think this product was worthwhile, especially considering the prices I've seen in the stores.
This was recommended for the double brown quilted hammock I ordered. It does not fit the hammock and is almost 16 feet long. Where is there even a hammock of this size, plus even if I could find a hammock this HUGE trying to fit it on my very large lanai is totally impossible, so be aware of the size of this stand. I unfortunately blindly trusted the recommendation when I ordered the hammock.... it is a large double hammock and does even come close to fitting this stand. Other than this...... I do feel that it is a good stand and of good quality, but now I need to order another and send this one back. so buyer be very aware and measure your area and your hammock. I wish I had headed someone's warning.
Product arrived via UPS. The box was beat up and open on one end, but thankfully the product was still okay. There a few scratches that weren't noticeable to anyone but us. I didn't appreciate that the UPS person left it randomly on our driveway but despite that, I am happy that the stand was a perfect fit for the large quilted hammock that we also bought from Overstock. It was an anniversary gift for my husband and he loves it. That alone makes it worth 5 stars in my mind. Would recommend without hesitation.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Very easy to put together, very sturdy and fits a 15' hammock perfectly
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
After a couple of summers and some wet autumns, the stand still works as described. A bit of rust, but nothing too bad. I bring it indoors during the winter since we get a lot of snow, but otherwise it's outside under all of the elements.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine.
The only problem I have is that the joints (there are 4 of them) rust after one season. So each year you would have to sand and paint those joints so that the rust does not continue.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, will not tip over
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate