I love these stools, the legs extend more than expected, but that's okay, would have liked to know weight limitation of 250 lbs prior to buying, need to think how to not get people over 250 to sit in them tactfully :( but overall, absolutely love these, if I had a bigger apartment I'd buy 2 more, oh, and they were packed very well, nice surprise
I love these stools and I'm definitely keeping them, however, I was expecting an "unfinished" galvanized metal stool. This is instead painted a metallic silver with a shiny topcoat. It's kind of like a car's paint. They look as pictured from a distance and everyone who has seen them loves them. Just make sure you know what to expect.
Perfect mid-century Tolix reproduction stools for my modern kitchen. Great value, same price as much crummier, boring stools. Much more affordable than the real thing from France, and a great reproduction. Packed beautifully. They stack, w/little rubber protectors under seat so they won't get scratched. Good quality and value.
These stools are nicely made and sturdy....Very similar to the look of the original french made Tolix version without the steep price....The finish is a platinum-like powder coat (not clear coated raw metal )....The powdercoat has a few flaws, but don't affect the look. Fully assembled.
love these stools to go around our kitchen island... perfect compliment to our stainless steel appliances... love the color... super sturdy.... and the stack-ability is a plus!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy & well made... amazing stool for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I bought these stools for outdoor use, even though it states that they should only be used indoors. I figured for the price, if they lasted a year while I searched for something else, that would be fine. They have been outside at a bar for 1 1/2 years. They are under cover, but still a lot of sun and tons of humidity because I live in South Florida. In my opinion they have held up incredibly well as they are just now getting signs of a bit of rust around the edges/seams that hold some water. And if I had been more diligent in putting them inside during rainy days, they would probably not have that much. Since they are painted a silver color and not bare metal, I am sure I can repaint them and they will look like new again. But the slight bit of rust sort of adds to the overall appeal since they are part of the decor of a rustic beach cottage and the sun has faded them enough so that they do not look shiny or faux. Overall I couldn't be happier.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Sort of...
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I bought 4 of these barstools for my husbands man cave. They have been used alot and seem to be showing no signs of wear and tear.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly what I was expecting.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I have chairs and stools from this line. The colored enamel looks more expensive. The metal finish looks slightly fake and cheap, so I would probably get colored stools next time around. My white chairs look great. Beware! The black foot caps have left marks on my light hardwood and I cannot get the marks off without sanding and refinishing. Major bummer. Put felt pads on these feet immediately or replace the black feet with something else (they sell them at hardware stores). Good value, other than that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good but not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
I read the reviews and knew that these would be a bit darker than my stainless steel appliances, but had no idea they would be as dark as they were. I quickly returned these. The color on the side of the shipping box said "pewter" and this needs to be reflected in the description and picture. So many of my orders have not matched the pictures or descriptions and I'm getting afraid of ordering again because of paying for return shipping. Luckily, Overstock agreed to pay for return shipping for these and customer service was great. Other than the color, the quality was great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not great
These are very cool stools. They are painted silver, but it looks good anyway. I found them comfortable to sit on, and love the height for our high bar. The legs form a wide base at the bottom, so make sure you have enough room. Sturdy, good construction. Good quality for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate, but know these are painted, not bare metal
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Stools were great quality, had a small scratch when I opened the box
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We were in a pinch to get some bar stools for a wine tasting party, and we wanted to save some $$ so we bought these. They are sturdy, and have good weight. They are NOT "rustic" metal in color or stainless steel in color. They are painted in a semi-gloss grey paint, and do look more "diner" than "industrial". They served their puropse at the party, and we have kept them out. They are growing on me!
Size is just right to fit under our slim counter. Looks just like a magazine shot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Me and my chubby hubby both feel secure on them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described.
These came in undamaged and in great condition. They work great and are much more comfortable than you would think an all metal chair would be. They stack well and have pads on the underside of the seat crossbar so that they don't damage the chair they're stacked upon.
Arrived on time, packed well. Had issue with the finish/coating and some inconsistencies and received excellent customer service/smooth process. Ended buying two more for a bar-height table. Sturdy and stack if needed to store. Would buy again.