I purchased this chair in part because the oak legs it was previously pictured with would have been a nice match to my coffee table and credenza. However, they are NOT oak, or even woodgrain-- they are flat espresso black. As of now, the photo and item description have been updated, but this wasn't until after I spoke with Overstock customer support. Hopefully no one else will be surprised by their chair when it arrives the way I was. The chair itself is decent in terms of quality. It's not overly comfortable, but it's a fine occasional chair and a pillow will help with the comfort-factor. I am disappointed that the product arrived looking different than its photo and description, but I'm going to keep it because it's still pretty cute and the size and style are exactly what I was looking for in our living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Green fabric is a close match to that pictured, but the legs pictured were brown at the time I purchased this item-- not black, which is what I got.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent overall quality, could benefit from a bit more padding in the backrest area.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate. At the time I purchased this product, the legs were listed as "oak" but they are in fact black particle board.
I really like the look and design of the chairs. (I bought 2) They came very quickly and already fully assembled. I just wish UPS would have brought them to my door (I'm in a 4th floor walk-up). They are great for our small living room and have a real retro vibe. I wish that the color of the legs of the chairs would have been more accurate as well as the color of the fabric. I will keep them though. Overall decent chairs for the price plus we had a promo code and free shipping!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The legs of the chairs on the website show a much lighter brown but the chairs I received were much darker, more of an espresso. The chair also seemed to me a more retro green. Brighter and more of a pea soup color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is decent. Not super comfy but good enough for the price. The back of the chair could be softer.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? more or less accurate, except for the color.
This chair is not super comfortable, but it will be an accent chair and not used very often. Mine also came with a snag in the material, but since its too expensive to send it back, I put a pillow over it and no one will notice. This would be an awesome chair for about $100 less than what I paid for it. Very retro looking and blends in with a lot of color schemes. Make sure to look at the measurements because the chair is shorter than what I thought it would be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close to an olive green color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the chair didn't impress me too much.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a fabulous retro-modern chair from Safavieh, comfortable, well made, and a great price. I actually purchased the identical chair from the One Kings Lane website, but for $60 more! Stick with overstock.com. or at least be careful and compare prices before buying. I have purchased from overstock before and have never been disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's so hard to accurately portray colors on a website; the chair is actually a brighter green.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.