This lamp is breathtaking in person, a wonderful surprise! What the product description neglects to mention is the iridescent quality of the shade, so in the daylight the shade has more rust red/sienna hues depending on the angle of daylight reflection. At night when the lamp is on, the shade definitely becomes almost a cherry red, with no hint of sienna or brick red. No matter. It's lovely on or off. The scrolled vine iron base is a work of art. I was hoping that the "bronze" base product description would have been more accurate, as it actually appears black in person. Overall, however, I'm in love with this lamp! It is a beautiful focal point in my living room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade was more red in person. In the photo, it appeared more rust red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The base was described as bronzed in the product description; however, it actually appears black in person.
We have had this lamp for over two years in our living room and it has been a beautiful addition. They are very lovely and go great with our cream colored couches. Very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality lamp
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Overall, a very nice and well-constructed vintage-looking table lamp. It has a nice art nouveau styling and beautiful red embroidered shade that looks good on or off. The metal construction is extremely durable has a wonderful patina. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
They are really beautiful but they just don't give enough light and I needed them from my bedroom that doesn't have a ceiling light so I had to move them to my living room where I didn't need them but I kept them because they are so pretty
Someone else wrote this same review but here goes mine. The lamp shade is the only thing that looks as good in person as in the photo. In the photo, the curly parts of the lamp come to points and look like a nicely cast base. But in reality, the ends of the curly bits are just cut off tubing that don't actually come to nice points. They are just solid tubing that is chopped off at the ends leaving a very cheap, ugly looking lamp design. I will probably send these back. This is definitely not what is pictured in the photo.
I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. I use it on an island counter in my apartment kitchen. I put in a 3-way bulb that has a 15 watt low setting. At night, it's like a night lite with a beautiful amber red glowing lamp shade. Visitors always comment on how cool they think this lamp is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. Nice weight. Won't easily tip over.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
This lamp was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I didn't read the size well enough, for a small table it would work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Flemsy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
This is a very unique and beautiful lamp. I have it in my office and it adds a touch of whimsy and "Victorian" feel to the space. I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for and exactly as described.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality. The lamp shade is high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The lamp is exactly as described and as depicted in the photo.
I like it. One reviewer mentioned the metal being like plastic, but it isn't at all; it's a nice, sort of light, wrought iron. There are two little gold rings painted near the base. The shade might be just a bit darker. It's a burgundy, not red red. I almost gave it four stars but there is no reason to deduct, so voilà - five stars.
It's a pretty lamp - I love the wrought iron base and red shade. But because the shade is so dark, it doesn't give off much light. Wouldn't make a good reading lamp. More for decorative purposes which is what I was looking for. Could also work as a buffet lamp.
I have red accents throughout my living room and this lamp makes the perfect addition. It is sturdy and the tips are smoothly rounded, not jagged like some people complained of. FYI, the base is black & the shade is more of a reddish wine with gold embroidery. Also, I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be tall enough for my taste but it is perfect in that regard...its just the right height to make a beautiful focal point in the living room...any taller might be too tall. I only wish that the shade material was a little thicker than it is...when lit you can see the inside through the shade, because the material is on the thin side. I also wish it was a bit cheaper but the free shipping compensated for that. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase. :)