Although instructions were not very specific where to look for parts, overall the futon was easy to assemble. This futon is much more comfortable to sit on then others that I shopped for at nearby large retail outlets and was priced better as well.
Ordered on a Saturday, it arrived on a Tuesday! Super fast. Two gigantic boxes strapped together arrived, which was not easy to move. However, assembly was easy and once set up, the Click Clack is a sturdy, reasonably comfortable and versatile couch and occasional bed. The best feature is its different folding positions, which make it great for extended TV sessions for ballgames, movies, or video gaming. It isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but if you accent it with pillows it certainly works--especially for the price. Can't beat it, especially the quick and super cheap delivery. I also found a coupon for $15 off online. Dig around a bit and you'll find it. Recommended.
The box that hte item arrived in was not very sturdy and it seemed as if it had been thrown around before it got to me. When I ripped open the box the fabric on the futon appeared to be flimsy. Right away it started picking up any and all lint that was around. Assembly instructions are not clear enough. The drawing/diagram in the instruction sheet do not look like the item sent. I phoned the number given on the instructions sheet and the clerk was not too sure of the item and the instructions on how to install the legs. The sofa is now resting on the floor!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? my order was for a wine color sofa, and a black one was sent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor! The zipper on the back was broken and the fabric on the back of the furniture was torn in 23 places.
I was very excited when this futon arrived since I had to wait a few hours for fedex to arrive with the package. However--- This futon was exceedingly difficult to put together--the instructions were fairly easy to follow (although the picture diagram was inaccurate), but the way the holes were drilled did not match up well. It took lots of strength and a few bruises to get the screws in (we had to modify the pieces a little just to get the screws in) and I have put together quite a few pieces of furniture in the past. This is by far the worst product I have ever had to put together. After we finally got the futon together we went to go put on the slip cover thinking we were almost finished. . .sadly that was not the case. Not only did the zipper break off when we tried to put it together, but the zipper was sewn on BACKWARDS. So the stretch part of the slipcover that normally goes at the part that bends was at the other end of the futon. The zipper pull broke off just by gently pulling it and the zipper also fell apart with little black pieces of zipper falling out. In addition, the wooden tabs that can also be used to hold the slipcover are so tightly in the cushion that they can barely be lifted to allow the elastic through. Also, the slipcover is too tight to fit over the futon (I got the green microfiber one). I read another review that stated this and I actually thought that the person might not have pulled hard enough, but I think I would tear the slipcover before it would cover the futon in the way described in the instructions. That being said, I will say that the product does seem sturdy and the clicking feature appears to function as stated. I think it's a cute piece (although the back of it when in sofa-position is very unfinished/ugly looking) and while the green color wasn't what I expected (it was less sage green and more of light green), it still goes nicely with the room it's in. I don't want to go through the trouble of shipping the futon back (even though it has a faulty zipper, etc.) since it took so long to get it in one piece, but this product is definitely not worth the money.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Not great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, but the sizing is a little off
I needed an economical couch for the kids' play room that would convert into a bed when we have lots of company or when the kids have a sleepover. This futon looks really great as a couch. The cover is designed cleverly and stays put; it hooks to the mattress to avoid slipping and then attaches around the edges with velcro, which holds up really well to the heavy use that it gets in our house. We chose the bright blue color, and it is really great (exactly like the picture) and looks awesome with the other bright colors in this room.The futon folds easily into a full size bed, and also folds into a chaise...like a double lawn chair. It is really simple to make these transformations and the kids think it is very cool and (they are 9 and 11 years old), they can do it themselves. The futon came in two boxes and went together fairly easily (I did it on my own). It took about a half hour for it to be fully assembled. My only complaint is that because of the method of assembly (just two metal bars holding the whole thing together in the middle...), I don't feel 100% sure that its super sturdy and felt I had to warn the kids against jumping on it. Its a very firm couch and bed...not the most comfortable piece of furniture out there, but as I said, it looks great and gets a ton of use and will be adequate for sleeping guests every now and again. For the price, I am really thrilled to have such a useful, good-looking piece of new furniture in my house. And Overstock delivered quickly, as always. You'll see this couch for twice the price elsewhere! Thank you, Overstock. :O)
How do I put this nicely? This thing sucks. It sucks, it sucks, it sucks. If you hate someone, make them sleep on this. Also, lets be clear... you cannot use this as a couch. It's entirely too hard and unforgiving. It'd be like sitting on one of those wooden chairs in a classroom. Nothing about this thing is very good, aside from it's looks. We got it for my daughter's room, so she could use it as a couch in the daytime and sleep on it at night. Epic Fail. Ended up throwing a mattress on top of it. So basically, it's a glorified box spring and bed frame.
I got this after reading great reviews, comparing online, etc. When I got it, it was way to big and heavy for me or one man alone to get upstairs where I wanted it. Finally, I got the help I needed and we put it together. Firm is not the right word. It has the feel of a cardboard box, although more sturdy. Even though I also got a 2" memory foam topper to make it comfortable enough to sit or sleep on, I am embarrassed by how awful it is. If it wasn't so hard to pull apart and send back, that would be my choice. Now I need to spend more money to try to make it usable. I don't know what anyone else got when they gave this crap good reviews, but I can't imagine why anyone would have.
This futon is extremely uncomfortable! We have a narrow stairwell that leads to the basement so our options are limited. We sat on several futons at furniture stores but decided to go with this one because of the 3 different positions. It wasn't too bad to put together once we figured out the pictures, but the directions were not very helpful. It only took 5 minutes of sitting on it before our backs started to hurt, the "cushion" is very hard and doesn't have much give. I couldn't imagine having to sleep on it. We ended up buying a 4 inch memory foam mattress to put on it, but it's still not ideal. Big disappointment!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? We got the brick red and it matches the color shown in the pictures pretty well.
I would not recommend this futon. It is very uncomfortable to lay down on because you can feel every board in it. There is one that runs the entire length down the middle and one that runs right across the middle the other way where the two halves come together. The futon is very cheaply made and has staples sticking out all over. Some were falling out as we were putting it together. The back is all just stapled together sloppily and looks terrible when it is tilted up in the couch position. The color from the fabric cover rubbed off on our clothes as soon as we sat on it also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looked fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very low quality product. The color from the cover rubbed off on our clothing. You could feel every board in it when you lay down on it. The two halves didn't line up right when it was put together so it was crooked. The back of it is stapled on cheap fabric and it looks terrible. It would have to be put against a wall.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The picture of the futon in the sofa position is cropped so that you cannot see that the base sticks out about a foot past the back of the couch.
The hole they made for one of the legs was too big, so it required me to drill my own hole which was cumbersome due to the weight of the piece. One of the other legs buckled within a few days, making this piece impossible to sit on now. I was going to return, but returning a piece of furniture like this is too difficult, so I this piece just sits in a room until it can be disposed of and replaced.
I wanted to buy a sofa but didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. I don't have a lot of relatives that stay for an extended amount of time and I have a second bedroom. This was for that extra guest. It is definitely good quality and my wife loves the color. It does need to be assembled and you will need a second person to help you. The Click-Clack is assembled upside-down, that's why you'll need the second person. Besides that it's a great purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot-on.
We use this futon in our playroom. All three kids enjoy it, and the piece has held up well. Easy to wipe off from spills. We think it's a perfect fit!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy, easy to take care of
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Assembly of this product is extremely difficult. Directions are inaccurate and unclear. Bracket for legs which is supposed to be on the front of the futon is not there which leads the buyer to put legs in the wrong place. We had to guess at position of the legs and brace and got several wrong. so, we had to take two legs and one brace off and put them back on again. Please get CLEAR directions for this product. Also, cover is defective and has to be replaced.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of product ie OK, except for cover which is defective. Some rips on black cover of cushions appear to have been sewn up. this is hidden when colored cover is put on, but could give out with use.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description seems accurate as to size, etc.
this is an awesome futon........."cept it is hard as a rock, that, which i did not expect and when laying on it.....well true to say, not so comfortable. i am off to get some kind of padding/matress cushion. other than that, it's great. delivery was great and assembly, not to hard. you might want to think twice about buying "comfort" online without previous research....my bad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good as i recall
Like the color and it is good and solid but very hard!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product is good and sturdy but a little too hard. Needs foam pad
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Discription was accurate.
Very easy to assemble (just remember to look underneath for the goodies) Comfort is less than I desired but once I put a memory foam topper on it that changed it to a much more desirable comfort level. Overall a smart buy and is definitely worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well Built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead On
The assembly directions are not so great for this... Good futon for the price. Futon looks nice and is funtional, but not the most comfortible. I did not have any problem with the fit of the cover, but don't forget to remove the velcro protectors when putting it on!
Very comfortable, correct size. I haven't put on the bottom fittings yet but I love it as it is. The velcro on the cover keeps it neat and in place.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? green/sage cover is a little more muted than I thought it would be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The vinyl (leather like) cover looks like a slip cover and is ill fitting. I would not recommend buying this at all, it was not at all what I expected the directions that you need to put it together are very poorly written, it does not explain what direction to put the legs on. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it arrived fast-other than tht don't waste your money on this piece of furniture not even for a childs room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's brown when it said it was black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate