In contrast to some other reviewers, I have absolutely no complaints and I am actually very impressed with the quality of the product. Particularly with the intricate carving, this looks like an antique or high end import costing 10 times more. True, the wood is a little light, but it still feels substantial. The finish on the one we received was fairly consistent. I was delighted by the easy assembly. You only need to turn the cabinet upside down on a carpet, screw in the legs, set the shelf on top, and then screw on the feet, through the holes in the shelf. I'm not terribly handy, and the process took perhaps 15 minutes. So, with very little effort and a price under $300, we have a great accent cabinet that looks like items we've seen in designer stores for several thousand dollars. There is no shelf inside, but that is exactly what we wanted, as we intend to use this as a liquor/wine cabinet. We are very pleased and are considering other purchases of items from this manufacturer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I did have a problem. The shelf that came along with it to be attached had a large gap at one end. I was just going to forget it but I emailed Overstock & was promptly replied to and now have a new shelf with no gaps. I want to thank whoever dealt with my dilemma because it was so quick. It was not ignored or pushed aside till later even though it may have seemed trivial. They dealt with it immediately and even emailed me to inform they were going to see what they could do. I was not left hanging wondering. THANK YOU!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality, in my opinion, is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I love this cupboard! Everyone who sees it in my new home love it. I am ordering another one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very easy assembly, sturdy, can hold lots of stuff in the small top drawers, I filled the door area with sweaters and and the shelf below works great for most anything
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
To begin with, this piece is made from soft pine and will not take rough handling. If you have kids or pets, be warned. I returned the first piece they sent me because the finish was so splotchy I just couldn't accept it. The second piece was better (I asked that the item be inspected before it was shipped) but still not great. The finish is sprayed on and was done very quickly and with no real skill or care. Consequently, the hard to reach areas (like the groves in the turned legs) have bare spots. And other reviewers have mentioned the rough patches here and there. Also, it has a very bad odor, as stated by a previous reviewer. I'm hoping some strong potpourri in the drawers and cabinet will solve that problem. On the plus side, the piece is compact without being tiny, light without being flimsy, and pretty without being girly. I have not yet decided if I will keep it...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Needs serious improvement
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not exactly on target, but not too far off, either
This is a very nice cupboard. The carving is attractive. It is fairly sturdy and was easy to put together. It does have a strong odor associated with it; I guess the finish. I worry about storing things in it as long as that smell is present. It seems to be getting better over time (a few weeks).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
It matches the photo and looks great from several feet distance. But the construction is poor. It seems to have been quickly and poorly stained while put together, then dismantled. The legs do not fit well and it is wobbly. It suits its purpose for me though.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Fair
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is a beautiful pice of furniture, it is very light weight, but if if holds up, that is fine, however upon arrival, it had a terribly strong odor inside and out, I sprayed some of my favorite scent inside of it, and after a number of days, it was fine. Really like ths cupboard!! :)
Was looking for small "buffet-like" cabinet for small dining room. Has 2 doors with fair amt storage for table linens and extra serving pieces as well as two smallish drawers. Easy to put together...top all in one piece, only need to add legs and shelf with bun corners. Came very safely packed.
A really cute cupboard. All wood with nice carving. Looks like an antique. Perfect for that extra storage you need in your dining room, and would function nicely as a small bar. The description mentions it as an "end table" but I don't think it'd work as one (only my opinion). Although it fits perfectly in the space I wanted it, it is small, so be sure to check the measurements. And, the drawers are small. Only negative is that it's not a really heavy piece, but with dishes or other things inside, it does help to make it sturdy.
Arrived well packed and easy to assemble. I liked the rich brown color and loved the beautiful carving. Would have rated 5 stars except for the finish. Upper part of cabinet was okay, but the turned legs and bottom shelf were poorly stained and the finish was rough. Makes it hard to run a dust cloth over. May refinish or paint it someday. I kept it anyway because it's so attractive.