I agree with another reviewer that the diffuser and the shade do not match. The shade is a golden beige and the diffuser is white so they clash a little. Also, the diffuser is a little cheap and does not do a great job "diffusing" the sillouhette of the bulb behind it. If the diffuser were a beige color and a little more opaque this fixture would rate higher.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good to fair quality. The diffuser is white, the shade is beige so they clash a little
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Had to return cause it was smaller than expected. the diffuser is plastic which also looked cheap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. didn't put it up
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? diameter was 16" instead of 18"
I actually LOVE this fixture and it gets many good comments. HOWEVER, as other reviews have mentioned the drum perimeter is almost gold and the diffuser is dead white. My solution to the problem is to get an incandescent bulb with the distinctly yellowish tint (not yellow --but the old style incandescent glow). It then works on a dimmer and is just gorgeous. Probably not suitable if it is going to be the only source of light in the room. It doesn't detract from the looks of the fixture (yet -it may discolor with use) but it seems very cheap that the diffuser is plastic. The bits don't fit together very well so you may find yourself having to manhandle it to get it to fit properly.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Sort of
- How is the quality of the product? medium to good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? more or less
We put this in our Wine room, Love the look.. We did have a problem with the plastic covering not screwing on straight and the light bulb was touching it and made a bubble in the cover. Reported it to Overtsock and they sent out a replacement.
Love the lamp, but it was impossible to get the diffuser in. The instructions are minimal (China again) and non existent for putting the diffuser in. We had to clip one of the tabs to get it in. This is our third hanging light from Overstock. Love them all, but please have your sources get better instruction writers!
I simply love my pendant lamp and lampshade! I have had it almost 1 year now and it's just perfect where I had it installed - above my dining table. I have a dimmer switch there and it looks very beautiful and emits just the right amount of light when I turn it on - the dimmer switch allows me to adjust the lighting from dim to its brightest setting. It lights up my dining area and a good portion of my living room area just perfectly in the day or evening as needed. Excellent buying choice!
I bought 2 lights to use in the foyer and hallway. We hung them close to the ceiling. They look great with all the oil rubbed bronze hardware in the rest of the house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good although the liner is definitely a deep cream and the diffuser is white white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful. It looks very high end.
The first light I ordered was too large so Overstock recommended this one and it worked perfectly. You are limited on the drop length, so you can't be too picky about that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect