I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this chair. Not only does it look amazing, but they are comfortable too. The assembly was easy and worth the effort. I looked at numerous local furniture stores and not one had anything similiar. I also found that those that were close in style/quality were easily $50.00 or more dollars EACH...overstock.com hit it outta the park with this FLEUR DE LIS chair...I have already had many compliments on them and have only had them a very short time. They look great in my dining room as additional seating and are right at home here in NEW ORLEANS !!
We should have listened to 1samwise Oregon's review. At the time we thought he might have been exaggerating because he was the only one who said this chair was more suitable for children and the stats gave the chair a normal height. Well Sam you were right! Don't get me wrong. It's a good-looking, stylish chair that's solid and well crafted; except for the fact that it's too low for use as a desk or table chair. Might be ok for an occasional chair or in an entryway to put on or take off your boots, or for a child. We're not going to return it. We're in Canada and it's just too much hassle to send it back, so I am now in caster/riser Hades. Trying to look for some way to raise this chair so it will fit with a beautiful roll-top desk we have. The risers all look clunky and institutional and can you imagine what a chair like that would look like with wheels on it? So we may have to saw 3 inches from the legs of my wife's beautiful roll-top. But even then it will look like a child's desk set. I am 6" tall with long legs, so there's no way I would ever fit them under the cut-down desk. So buyer beware of this chair. Make sure you know what you want to do with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same Colour
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The Chair is solid and confortable but someone cut the legs too short.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccuruate on the height. Says 18.5 inches, just measured and it's more like 16 or less with compression of the foam when you sit down
I needed to find a steady arm chair to sit in after hip replacemant surgery. Little did I know just how difficult this would be. The current "style" of living room chairs are armless. I checked many furniture store websites to no avail. One day it occured to me, "check Overstock.com!" I am so glad that I did, because they had many different choices, and this chair also came in other colors. The only regret that I had with my purchase is that I did not opt for faster shipping. Also, it only took about 1/2 hour for us to assemble. Very clear and easy instructions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just like photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful wood and luxurious seat fabric.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very much so.
I absolutely love this chair, especially being a piece of furniture the requires assembly. It is strong, durable and looks great in any room. The Fleur de Lis is the focal point of the chair and you will get a lot of compliments on it. Would have been nice if there were fabric selections available.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Met all expectations
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Durable, Hardwood Construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The chair does require minimum amount of construction which was unanticipated.
The seating height was too low. I am 5-2 and slender and the seating area was too low to the ground for me to be comfortable. The rest of the chair was of good constrction and seemed very pretty. I was very disappointed that it would not work in my bedroom, as the colors and design was very pretty. It would make a wonderful childs chair but is inapporopriate for an adult. The picture was misleading as far as height compared to other furnishings.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The legs were short and the seating area was very low. I am 5-2 and the seating height was too low for me! More appropriate seating height for a child.
I am very pleased with this chair and they look great in my front room! I didn't want to spend a lot of money for chairs that will rarely be sat in. I have gotten many compliments on them already.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is dark and rich looking
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I got what I paid for; didn't expect a $300.00 quality chair for $100.00
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Very solid, sturdy chair, used in a massage/spa business. It is very hard to find a chair with arms, this is perfect. Nice brown color, easy to assemble,elegant looking. Lots of customer compliments. Very satisfied with overstock service, quality, price & shipping
The chair arrived with a few scratches on the wood. I touched them up using a brown and a black sharpie, believe it or not, and you can only see them if you know exactly where to stare...and stare hard. The finish is clearly not very durable. It wouldn't take much to scratch the finish, but in my home, that's not a concern, making the chair a great bargain. The chair is quite comfortable, and though I had some question about its strength as I was putting it together, once it's fully assembled, it is VERY strong. VERY sturdy. Just take your time, and remember to put the seat on BEFORE the arms (I had to take mine off and re-do them because the instructions weren't clear that the seat had to go on first.) Also, the wooden plugs that cover the screw holes where the arms attach to the back wouldn't stay in. I put a tiny dab of wood glue (or Emer's would do fine, too) and they're fine, though if I ever needed to remove them to disassemble the chair, that might be a bit more difficult now. Bottom line: Attractive chair. Comfortable chair. Sturdy chair. Wood finish doesn't seem very tough at all, so not great if will be somewhere prone to being bumped or scratched, otherwise a great value.
First of all we love the fleur-de-lis design. These chairs not only fill our need for "extra" seating - they are so "extra special". The style, the color, the quality - lifts the whole decor of the room. I am very pleased. Looking forward to our next addition to our home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality - far better than the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly
We bought this chair as an accent piece for our front hallway. We are very happy with the overall look of this chair. It is not the highest of quality but you would never know by simply looking at it. It looks great in our hallway and matches very well. Assembly was easy . We had some issues with the legs being slightly uneven but don't let it deter you from buying. It is a very classy looking piece that is a good value. We recommend it!
I purchased this for use as a accent chair with occasional use. It is very pretty and have had many compliments on this chair. I use it to sit for shirr periods of time for small chores that require sitting and it is perfect, would buy again.
I bought this chair in 2013 and still have it today. Not something we use extremely often, but a cute accent piece. My husband assembled it with his drill (if I remember right, it came with a small screwdriver) It's sturdy, but lightweight. It's not a solid wood piece, though. Over time we had a teething puppy that thought the legs of this chair felt really good..so we have some wear to it. Fortunately, the teething phase passed and my small investment was saved! I would recommend this chair to someone considering purchasing.
When the chairs arrived I was so excited and when I put them together I was very please one of the best online purchases I've ever made. The chairs are very comfortable and stylish, it made the space come alive. Perfect color and height I would highly recommend this chair.