VERY happy with the umbrella which is much higher quality than i could find in a store. We're very happy with the color too (we got Cranberry). No instructions but set-up is simple. Easy to crank. I couldn't figure out how the tilt function worked. Someone had mentioned a "button" but it works via a vertically ribbed collar just above the crank. Rotate it and the umbrella tilts. I found a video which shows how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzNapQ9Y1U&NR=1 Different manufacturer but same process!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
We own a small B&B in Door County Wisconsin and have been shopping for umbrellas for our deck. I found these on Overstock and they seemed like they might work out well. Comparable umbrellas in a patio store were about $100 more. We bought the Antique Beige color to eliminate any potential fading problems. I like the fact that the rope seems to be heavy duty and the mechanism as you are cranking the umbrella up seems to ratchet. I really like the collar that you use to tilt the umbrella as opposed to the difficult push buttons that our previous umbrellas had. I also like the fact that these umbrellas seem a bit taller than our other ones, so tall people don't have to duck under them to sit at the table. I initially bought one umbrella to make sure we liked it and had no hesitation in ordering 4 more, once I saw the quality. One of the umbrellas was damaged in shipping and I was pleasantly surprised that Overstock is sending us another one at no cost..no hassle at all...not even shipping! So far a definite YES! in our book, I will not hesitate to keep you informed of any future issues with these umbrellas.
This is a really nice umbrella, gives great shade! The only drawback was the lack of instructions (yes I know, it's an umbrella what is there to know?) My wife figured out that to make the umbrella tilt, after opening it up all the way you have to twist the collar right above the crank handle. We've only had it a few weeks so we can't report on the rope breakage or wind blowing it away scenarios. But we love it so far :)
This is a very nice umbrella! The crank open and tilt feature of the umbrella is very easy to use. My 6 yr old can now open the umbrella himself. I struggled with those rope pulls and pins for too long!!! I imagine the fiberglass olefin will stand the weather much better than the natural wood kind we had in the past. Wood is natural and beautiful but they weather and break (especially in the arms that hold up the shade) if not maintained well. We found the Sunbrella shades would outlast the wood frames definitely. These new umbrellas (I bought 2 of them) would likely be a perfect combination-- long standing, low maintenance frame with the durable Sunbrella shade. 9 ft. was bigger than what we've had in the past, but very nice!
I purchase this umbrella from Overstock after looking at the local stores and finding how flimsy the umbrellas were made. I spent a little more money and got alot for it. The umbrella looks perfect in my yard. I use it to shade a couple of lounge chairs. I absolutely love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the quality of this umbrella
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on target
Very nice quality. The crank works smoothly and easily. I don't know why anyone would not spend the extra bucks to have a crank opener on their umbrella. The tilt is nice to have, however the button for it is quite high. I am 5'3" and I have to stand on a chair to reach it.
We bought 3 of these with accompany recommended bases to replace a shade tree on a deck, and they are a total disappointment. They blow inside out with the slightest breeze, and have no opening at the top to release the billowing parachute effect. They are attractive, the mechanism to open and close the umbrella works well, but the absence of wind control makes it virtually unusable unless there is a totally still atmosphere. To attach the' spokes' at the top, there are small metal pins. They fall out when the wind stresses the inside. I am not talking about hurricanes either; I am speaking of an ordinary gentle breeze, one that you would welcome if eating outdoors on a warm day. Steer clear of this product. It would be well worth ininvesting in something perhaps more costly, but with a well designed wind release around the top. This umbrella is like a sail. Since the recommended base is also too wide in diameter, when it is lifted by the wind it really falls apart. If we had kept the boxes, we would have returned them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It blows over with the sligjtest breeze, and the pins holding the "spokes" fall out.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not.
This umbrella was just what I was looking for. It was all good until a giant wind to the umbrella for a ride. The only damage was the stitching tore on 2 of the spindles and were poking out. I found this to be a defect in the seamstress. The fabric stitching was faulty, therefore it did not hold. I bought an upholstery needle and thread and repaired the poor job. No damages to the pole, spindles or rope. However, I do see this happening again. I don't really like to sew.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the umbrella, easy to tilt and easy to crank up and down. Unfortundately, the stitching was poorly done. Like an "IRR" or irregular product. I don't think Instector 12 did the job.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I live in a high wind area and was looking for a fiberglass patio umbrella. This one had good reviews and i like Overstock.com so i ordered. It came quickly, color was fine, but i wanted a fiberglass umbrella. this one clearly has Fiberglass in the title but it refers only to the crank, the rest of the struts and pole are metal. Fiberglass is more expensive, lasts longer, doesn't rust, does better in the wind. I had seen one i really liked for the same price (including shipping) at another store but bought this one because i like Overstock. Further looking at the specs, and it does say metal, so my bad for not looking closer BUT the title is very misleading and O should change it.
Product appears to be in good condition upon arrival. Instructions are not included, but if you have ever owned a patio umbrella they really are not necessary. Note: the umbrella does not come with a base and the description does not give a pole diameter. I had an old base which it fit into nicely, so perhaps the bases are a standard size. You do need to drill your own hole in the pole if your base comes with a set screw to keep it from turning in the wind (recommended to do this if you are going to use the tilt feature).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches stated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product worked out of the box, but only in use one month
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product description is very accurate and helpful as it comes with no instructions.
Umbrella appears to be good quality, and the color is true to the photo. Could not make the umbrella tilt, no instructions included. Called overstock service center and they could not tell me how to make the umbrella tilt either. Went to customer reviews and there it was! Thank You Overstock Customers!!! Now I can use and enjoy this umbrella!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Looks and feels more plastic than I expected. Cannot get it to tilt. This was a a reason I ordered this particular umbrella. Need it to tilt and it does not! Cannot send it back because it would be very expensive shippping because of the size of this item. Very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? nice color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. does not appear to be as good a quality as I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It seems a cheaper quality
You won't be sorry if you order this umbrella. It's super sturdy, looks great on the patio, is quality construction and the tilt feature is wonderful! Love it!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Nice looking, lightweight, seemingly sturdy umbrella. Description says it has a "push tilt" feature, and another reviewer talked about how the "tilt button" was too high for her to reach. I have searched the entire umbrella from top to bottom and - for the life of me - I do not see a button and thus cannot figure out how to make the thing tilt! The manufacturer said there should either be a ring above the crank that twists (there's not) or a small oval button in the tilt mechanism (there's not). Other than this, I think it will be a very nice umbrella! Can anyone help me!?!?!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Lightweight, but seems to be good quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Pretty much, but I can't figure out how to make it tilt
I like the color and look of this umbrella. It is working well. However, I am a little worried about the quality of the fabric. It doesn't seem very sturdy. I guess time will tell how it holds up. I guess for the price, this is what you get.