I am so pleased with this fixture! It is easy to assemble, although all 264 round crystals have to be attached by hand. It's easy, just time-consuming. They are real crystals and the finished look is like a prism. I couldn't ask for a better looking light for less money! One thing to note, both the 'white' and 'black' wires are wrapped in clear insulation and the wires are fused together...it was a pain to separate them . The wire with writing on it should go to the 'black' wire in your fixture box. Another note - it says the length is 11.5 inches, but if you are putting this fixture flush to the ceiling, it actually is a 15 inch length when you add the ceiling cap. As long as nobody over 6'3" comes into my closet, I'm good! I would buy this again.
I read other reviews and decided I would order this pendant. It certainly isn't a typical mini pendant, it is larger than you think, and just dazzling. If you use a needle nose pliers to attach the crystals they do not come off, hold the lamp in your lap, side you are working on facing up, slide the metal fastner in hole, pinch close with pliers, bend the other end with pliers, insert in hole in lamp, bend with pliers and pinch close. It still took me 2 hours per pendant, but the crystals did not come off. Also, it is true, the ground wire is not marked as it should be, it is the one with writing on it. Also, make sure you measure exactly the length you need, when you pull the wire it does not go back to the original length. This is the only draw back. Also, you cannot use energy saving bulbs, you need the regular bulbs for enough light. Overall, I love these, they are reasonable and fit perfectly the look I wanted above my kitchen island. This would also be big enough over a nightstand. Thanks Overstock for a great product at a great price.
People....listen to other reviewers. These are painstaking to put together. Took about five hours of work for EACH of the three I purchased. And my fingers are sore from twisting the wires into the crystals and then into the fixture. Thank goodness I had help. But they do look good for the money. Kinda glitzy which is the look I was going for to put in the dining area of my eclectic house. If you're looking for a subdued or classier look these may not be the ticket.
At first I didn't like it as I thought it was too large, however, when I put it up in my bathroom over my jacuzzi tub, it looks FANTASTIC! Very pretty and adds just the right bling to the bathroom!! The only drawback is the very bottom row of the crystals don't want to stay in place and at times would fall off. I suggest hanging all the crystals except the very bottom row, hang the light and then put the crystals on the bottom row. Other than that, it's lovely!
I bought a pair of these pendants for a powder room and they create a beautiful pattern of light on the walls. They look very modern and the shiny chrome metal enhances the sparkles. Do beware that you will be hanging all 260 crystals on the fixtures, but it isn't a bad job to do while sitting in front of the television one evening.
I got these for the new island in our renovated kitchen. Our kitchen was very black and white, plain, so I needed something to really give it character and glamour. These lights totally did everything I wanted! When I first unpacked them from the box, I was worried about the light-weight quality, it seems almost plasticky and cheap. The electrician came later to install them, and he was really impressed and wanted to know where I bought them. He thought it was a really great price. Once they were installed, I didn't notice the light weight quality or cheapness anymore. They just looked really, really pretty. They give our kitchen a very special glow and warmth (we have them on a dimmer, which I really recommend). They totally make the kitchen look interesting and engaging. I would really recommend them, as they continue to grow on me each day. Also, all the crystals were already installed when I opened the box.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems a little light-weight/cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These lights are amazing. We had a party last weekend after installing them, and they were the talk of the evening. They are absolutely stunning, and we have a low wattage bulb in them and the shine is spectacular. All of the crystals did have to be added on individually, but once we got into a rhythm, it was not that big of a deal. Highly recommend them!!
These pendant lights are absolutely beautiful. I was warned in a previous review about hanging each crystal individual so I was prepared to make my contribution. I used three lights over my kitchen island and everyone loves them. Be sure to use a clear bulb and the lights will reflect into beautiful patterns. Great price/Great look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurae
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? true
I am very pleased with this product. I purchased 2 pendants for above my 4 x 7 island. They look great. They are just what I was looking for, especially to match with the 4-light fixture. My husband isn't a huge fan but they work well and get the job done. I don't typically like products with the exposed wires so if I can come up with a solution to cover or rap them I will be pleased. Happy with my purchase and would highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Match, no real color other than crystal
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Arrived in good shape, what I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
Beautiful chandelier. Comes totally assembled and looks much more expensive than it is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love this chandelier! Looks amazing with the light on but beautiful either way.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This is beautiful. I have this hangining over my sink in my kitchen and I get compliments on it all the time! It would look great in a bathroom or office/baby room as well! The only thing is that it takes a little while to attach all the crystals to the chandelier...hanging it was not complicated though!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I purchased four of these lights. They are hanging over my island. The only thing I didn't think of was how I am going to get all of these straight since they are squares. My electrician is still working on that. They are large and do look perfect with my 10 foot island.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Reviews helped a lot
I had ordered two (2) of these 1 light mini chandeliers on each side of my bed and they look terrific. Just what I wanted. Fast and cheap shipping, easy ordering, had an electrician install them because it is to be hard wired and I did not want to have a problem later on. Just lovely!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just what I envisioned
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fine, did not expect it to be real crystal, which would have been too heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I use this fixture in a guest bathroom. It is cute & gives sufficient light for a guest bathroom. The fixture is a molded silver metal in which you attach individual crystals. The metal is not completely even - noticeable up close, but not when it is hung. The fixture is cute. It works for my purposes. However, the quality does not equal the price.