We got 2 of these. The first one went together okay but needed some extra holes to be drilled. The second one was a disaster. We had to change the whole thing around because some of the press board split. Luckily my husband figured out how to rearrange everything to make it look okay.. Also both had problems with shipping. Little nicks here and there but we were okay with these. I wouldn't buy these unless you have the tools and skills to handle a few problems that might pop up. They are huge and the storage they offer is excellent.
This ended up being too big to fit where I originally planned (not the space but getting it into that space) so I put it in another closet. It was too tall but the top shelf is a separate unit attached so it looked fine leaving that top part off. I did not like the push/magnet mechanism on the drawer and since it was on tile the whole unit would push back when i tried to open so I took off the metal plates and added a knob. It was extremely easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Closet tower is a good idea for added storage that takes up only a small footprint. The shelves are sturdy and secure, and the unit is very stable standing on a hard surface. Mine is on a wood floor but I don't know how stable it would be on a thick carpet? The unit is not the highest quality...it is made of particle board--not real wood--with a veneer which is wood color. When assembling the unit, take care when nailing the back onto the shelves as the nails can protrude or even chip away some of the particle board. The unit was shipped and packed very well, but there were two large dents on each side board. The particle board material is rather soft and can dent very easily. Overall, a pretty good value for some extra, inexpensive storage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quallity is not as good...material is all veneered covered particle board. No real wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was pretty accurate