I purchased two of these units for my master bathroom. After wiring one of the units up and turning it on by itself, I found it to give plenty of light (4x40-160 watts) so I wired up the second unit over my wife's sink and when I applied power...**POW***! With NO bulbs in the unit, one of the ceramic bulb sockets 'blew up' because of a manufacturing short in it. A small smoldering piece of ceramic from the housing flew across my bathroom and landed on a pile of towels promptly starting a small fire which I put out. Later I found that my electronic wall switch that controlled both of the lights blew out due to the short too....ker-ching!!! Would I recommend this unit to a friend...NO...not unless they hire an electrician whose insurance will cover fires started by improperly manufactured electrical appliances. Am I looking for a replacement...YES. I like the look of the 'working' unit, and I have the defective unit (along with the blackened shard of ceramic) in its original shipping box awaiting the go-ahead to return it for a replacement....hopefully one without a short in it....I'm going to check it with an ohmmeter regardless. ;) ) Pics of the burned out bulb housing are here: http://1drv.ms/1yX4CKb :(
For our small bathroom this works well. Not a lot of light, but enough and very decorative.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to install and I like the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was as described
This light fixture is unique looking and adds a warm, glowing ambience to the room but, as other reviews have noted, they do NOT cast a bright light so are best in a small powder room or guest bath where bright light may not be needed. Also, they are more of a dark espresso finish and not at all bronze as shown in the picture. The wattage is listed as 4- 50 watt bulbs but they are in fact 40 watts so the total watts are 160 rather than the 200 you would be expecting.
Overall, it looks nice, made well, but could look even better if we had a higher ceiling height. We have a low ceiling (7') in a tiny bathroom. It was very hard to install the light with it so close to the ceiling. Be sure there is at least 6" above the fixture that will be clear. It's enough light. We anticipate it will be hard to change the bulbs, so hoping they last a long time!
I love the look of this fixture. I wanted something unique for our main floor half bath. It is a little dim like other reviews pointed out but I think it's fine for a half bath. We also have a window in our bathroom so if you don't it may be too dim.
I would recommend this product for a small enclosed area, a place where you want just enough light. I put this in the small bathroom downstairs and its perfect. Very soft, almost romantic type of lighting. It was easy to install and came with everything needed to hang on the wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was just as expected, a bronze color which goes perfect with my espresso vanity
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The vanity light is worth the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The glass is what makes the lights look like they are flickering. I thought it was the lights. The bulbs are extremely bright If you want ambiance, I suggest dropping down to a 25 watt halogen and you could even go lower. I am very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We got this for our powder room and it is very nice. It does not put off a lot of light so if you are getting this for a bigger room you would need more than just this light in the room. It works ok for us because our powder room is small.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
This well crafted lighting created a beautiful warm glow in the bathroom over the vanity mirrors. It completed and complimented the remodeling bathroom perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.