Easy to install. One thing i do not love is that the light shoot up, which casts a bright circle onto the ceiling. I wish the light was casted down. The only way to do that is to not install the plastic circle on the bottom of the light, however, that would leave the actual bulb exposed. Bottom line - it works for us in our sons playroom, since we have lots windows, the rooms tends to stay bright anyway. It is a nice looking ceiling light, priced right, which we liked.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is bright white. The photo shows a blue hue, which is not accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is pretty good. However, the circle fittings that screw into the bottom and top are plastic. if you are looking for an inexpensive light in a non-high traffic, smaller area, this may work for you. Pretty fixture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The written description is fine - just note the color in the photo looks blue -and the lighting fixture if white.
The Altea 3-light satin nickel flush mount chandelier looks amazing in my guest bedroom. The amount of light is perfect for the 10x12 room. It is contemporary and looks very classy. It took about 20 minutes to install the fixture. Make sure you don't throw away any of the cardboard before you check to see if you have all the pieces. I thought I was missing a piece, but it was inserted in styrofoam in the cardboard.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of the product is excellent.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Good light quality, hardware, chintzy shade. The hardware for this light is good, but the shade material is a bit flimsy. If it's going to be up high, maybe not a problem but not a super high quality design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good light quality, hardware, chintzy shade
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat.
Replaced an old light fixture in my daughters' bedroom. I wanted something modern yet feminine and this fit the bill. It is absolutely beautiful. I installed it in less than 30 minutes. I would highly recommend this!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the light is very similar to that online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
This is a nice looking light. It looks white when its off in daylight but the cover looks sort of beige - NOT WHITE - at night when the light is on which I'm not crazy about. Also, be warned, you can't use a dimmer with this light. For some reason it doesn't work with a dimmer. It's a classy looking light though for a hallway or perhaps a semi-formal dining room. For the price I would recommend it.
ordered a pair of these lights for the extra bedrooms, you can tell they aren't super quality by the weight of them and the thickness of the metal, probably wouldn't use them in a living/dining/master room, but in rarely used guest spaces they fit the bill and the price, they took a little fussing to get exactly right, but they did look good once installed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I like this light okay. It's a little small for my family room. Better suited for a small bedroom or hallway. The plastic cover looks a little cheap. As other reviewers stated, pay attention to seam when hanging the light so it's not the first thing you see!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay, not great though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This is a great product. Don't listen to people moaning about problems with installation, just get a friend to help you and you'll be fine. The only problem I had was attaching the ground wires to the bracket but this was more due to the house ground wire being really thick and difficult to maneuver. Aside from this installation was a snap, just be patient. The product come with rubber/plastic protective washers between the round ceiling plate and the 'legs' of the chandelier which need to be removed but this is simple enough, just loosen the three bolts on the inside and remove. We bought two of these to go in our main hallway and they look great together. Really pleased with the overall look. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that the instructions are not that great so you'll have to use that thing between your ears a bit to figure out some of the installation steps. Buy this light, it'll make any room instantly more grand and elegant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? With light on it's a little more yellow than the site pics but this is probably because of the bulbs, if you want it to stay white buy LED or daylight bulbs
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made.
This light is even better than I hoped great size and color. The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is that the shade does not rotate once installed so you need to be aware of where the seam will end up before your finalize the intall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
The light up close looks a bit poorly made, I can see where the sodered the arms to the base, etc. but, from down below, those details don't show up much. My biggest problem was the installation. I read other reviews were the installation was difficult, but sine I've done every light fixture in my house, I thought, no problem for me. Wrong! The screws provided to mount the fixture are too long for my electrical box. It keeps me from tightening the light fixture so it's flush with the ceiling. Another reviewer said they cut the screws, but I don't have anything to cut the screws down with. I went and bought smaller screws, but another problem existed. The holes for the mounting screws bump up against a little flange that juts out from my electrical box where the bracket mounting screws go in place - which is exactly where the fixture mounting screws go. And to top it all off, the seam that everyone mentioned - is very noticeable. You have to have a space where you can turn it where you can't see the seam. You only have two options to face the seam in a given direction because the mounting screws prohibit you from turning the shade in any direction. There are 3 little screws that hold the screen in place on top of the fixture, and I suppose you can undo that and turn the screen in the direction you want. But after 2 trips to the hardware store, 3 days on and off of monkeying with the light fixture, I'm done. It's going back. I will buy a similar fixture but from a different manufacturer.
This was fairly easy to install but the two screws that go through the bracket in the ceiling to the base of the light fixture were too long. My husband had to cut them down so the fixture was flushed to the ceiling. Small inconvenience for lighting I love! Thanks Honey!
This light is very nice looking. But, the hanging/installation bracket that comes with this fixture is not made correctly. You could cut the screws, buy a 4 way bracket, or do what we did. We mounted two hanging brackets together which allowed us to use the upper bracket to attach to the ceiling while giving the lower screws enough clearance to float into the box (the ones that attach the hanging part of the light to the base). This fixture also requires LED E26 based bulbs. They are not available in my local area (Lansing, Michigan) and either have to be ordered online for a high price or purchased at ***.
I really like this light, very elegant and the off-white fabric has just a hint of shimmer. There is a noticeable seam in the shade to consider. When I took the fixture out of the box, the stem with the 3 light bulb housing pieces was not perpendicular to the base that sits at the ceiling. I had to take it apart and reassemble it to get it to sit straight. It is not a heavy light, while it's pretty, the materials and construction quality is just so-so. I got it on sale though, so for the price I am pretty happy.
I used this in a foyer area and it looks really nice. My new tenant who has a design backgroun even commented that it looked really good / high end, so special bonus there! For the price, this is a nice, high end look as an alternative to the boring nipple lights commonly used that look both cheap and cheesey. I would use this light again for another higher end remodel.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate