I bought this trash/recycler to go fully under a countertop where we used to keep a stool. I was initially disappointed by two things. One, that the entire top was silver painted plastic, and not stainless like the body (I probably should have realized that, but for some reason thought it too was stainless), and two that the sensors were too sensitive to be used under my counter. The unit kept opening and closing because the counter was too close to the sensors. I didn't want to return it, because the item fit perfectly under my counter even when open, so I put painters tape over the light sensors and it now works fine. The sensors are no longer oversensitive and only open when your hand is a couple inches in front of them. I also would have bought the adaptor so I didn't have to use batteries, but the location of the plug would have required the unit to stick out a few more inches for clearance of the chord, and that defeats the purpose of what I want if for. I've had this for four months now, and haven't had to replace the batteries yet. We use it everyday A LOT so I don't think it is a battery hog. I would recommend this, despite some minor areas that could be improved.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes