I have never smelled fumes so strong coming off of something before. Terrible, terrible chemical smell coming off of all of the laminated wood parts. It took a while to put together, but it is very well designed I'd say (apart from the smell), and looks pretty good. I would have given it 4 or 5 stars without the smell. Right now, it is sitting in the bathroom with the exhaust fan running 24 hours, and I'm hoping the fumes will go away after a week or so. Don't know what we'll do if the fumes don't go away, I don't think it's safe to be breathing in the fumes from this thing for very long. I would recommend this only if you are willing to put up with the fumes until they (hopefully) go away over time.