This worked just perfectly and was a HUGE hit at my son's 11th birthday and my daughter's 8th birthday. Not nearly as messy as I expected, and looked BEAUTIFUL. Cheaper ones my friends have had broke really easily, and more expensive ones I've seen don't look any better, so this one is just right. We used milk chocolate chips (you can use other kinds) melted in the microwave and mixed with some canola oil to make it flow better. Don't be shy about adding the canola oil -- you need it to flow well. About 1/3 to 1/2 cup for 2 pounds of chocolate or so, but you can add more or less depending on the chocolate and how warm it is in the room. Place out of any drafts or you will have chocolate splashes. Be sure to preheat for at least 15-20 minutes before adding chocolate and turning on the motor -- I poured the chocolate in through the top to "prime the pump" and that seems to get it working faster. It's a little messy to clean the base unit since it does have some grooves and you can't immerse it, but the top fountain part and the auger come off easily and are simple to wash. A big hit for us!
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes