It's a great little piece for a casual setting. It is very solid and can hold heavy books without the shelves sagging. The cross pieces on the side give it a very pretty profile. Overall, I am very pleased with it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a solid bookcase, which is constructed pretty well. It's not a "fine" piece of furniture as some of the trim pieces pull away from the shelves slightly, but if you were to re-paint it at some point in the future, this could be easily fixed.
- How accurate was the sizing? Size as described is accurate
This would've been a perfect shelf but the rim on top shelf was broken off when I took it out of the packaging. I had to return it, and was going to order another one till I was told they won't be getting it in again in white, I was very upset, since I needed a white bookcase in this size.
I had a lot of trouble finding a bookcase this height, which I needed to fit under a window. This one works quite well. The quality is average, in that the paint coverage is not as thick or even as I would have liked, and a side trim piece on one side of the top is not tightly attached (probably a bit damaged) But once I put it together - which was not hard to do - it looks attractive and is pretty sturdy. It won't get heavy use or hold a lot of weight, so I'm happy with it for my needs. I think it is overpriced for the quality, but having said all that, I'd recommend it and buy it again given my specific needs for it.
These shelves are easy to assemble, and the finish is pretty good for the price... we needed someplace to put stereo components under a tall table so it was a niche purchase for us. There is a nice rim around the top that makes a 'tray' that adds some interest. It's sturdy enough, but I wouldn't get carried away with heavy things on it.
Though this bookshelf is sturdy, it is not constructed well. The top shelf arrived damaged, which my husband was able to repair with considerable effort. The joints on the side diamond panels are sloppy and have gaps. Not worth the money.
I'm giving this 5 stars because it's a great value for a solid wood table. I put this together in about ten minutes without the directions. Everything lined up perfectly and the assembly made perfect sense. We're using this to hold the cable box, DVD player, laptops etc... We bought this in black.
These say bookcases, but I used them for Bed side tables.. Very Beautiful! pretty well made, a little cracking on the top of table in joint area, we just put a little wood filler. Over all I would recommend these tables/bookcases to anyone!!
Fits under widow for 2 laptop storage in family room. Very pleased.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? looked black on photo even though it said cherry. Very nice brown/red finish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for "put together yourself" furniture
- How accurate was the sizing? sized correctly
The design is good, with the two shelves deep enough to show off decorative objects, as well as books.. The polished wood is very attractive, and makes the table seem like an instant heirloom. However, the joinery leaves something tone desired, nd some places are not well sanded. For the price, I think more time and care should have been taken. However, I bought tw, and overall, am well pleased with them.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, and woks well with other furniture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The woodworking skills were not as fine as advertised, and a little know-how had to be employed to help in the assembly. However once it was put together, it looked very good.
- How accurate was the sizing? It was the size advertised.
Unfortunately, I couldn't attach the lower shelf - after trying everything and having a friend help. Something went wrong in the manufacturing. I was really disappointed because this shelf was the perfect size and color.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? the shelf colors varied
- How accurate was the sizing? correct