I purchased two versions of the Women's Bean Project bundles -- the soup and cornbread and the chili -- to offer as door prizes at a recent scholarship banquet. When I opened the box, I wished I had purchased a few more for myself and as gifts for others. The first thing that you notice is the wonderful fragrance. Also, the packaging is beautiful. I must confess that I have not yet tasted the products because they were given as gifts, but I feel comfortable that the food was enjoyed by the recipients. I will definitely purchase more of these bundles. Also, it is such a worthy project that I cannot help but support them.
First, I must say that this is my second year sending the soup and chili items from the Women's Bean Project. Everyone so appreciates this gift... it is thoughtul, handmade, nicely packaged and shipped without a flaw! Each package contain the woman's name on it that has made it. Not only does it inspire one to think about our less fortunate in the community and appreciate life, and but also make the chili, soup, et all ,with a mindful heart and loving hands! My friends have said how much they like the idea of supporting the homeless women to future success thru the giving of this gift! Kudos to Overstock for such a fabulous feature/product on their site! I love Overstock - it is my favorite shoppiing place! Happy Holidays!
My mid twenties daugher was quite surprised and happy with this gift under the tree. She lives in VT and is a vegetarian and very health conscious as well as socially conscious. She was touched that her mom ordered something that would benefit needy women and was packaged in a environmentally conscious manner. She has not used it yet so I cannot attest to how it tastes however but I am betting it will be delicious and an easy meal for her to prepare.. I would definitely order this or a similar package again.
I thought this would make a good gift for someone just out of the hospital. I clearly listed my purchase as a gift and filled out a gift card message. The item arrived with no gift card and no indication who had sent it. Luckily, I had called and mentioned the gift, otherwise I would not have known. I contacted Overstock Customer Service. They said they send emails announcing gifts and could not possibly put gift cards in the packages. I don't know why. Other companies do it. Not everyone has email. Also, this was not made clear during my purchase.
Each year I look for meaningful gifts to give my children and their families for Christmas. When I read about the Women's Bean Project gifts I knew they were what I wanted to give this year. The products are of great quality and packaged beautifully with the name of the person who put the gift together on the box. Everyone loved them . . . . a delicious family meal and a wonderful endeavor. I commend Overstock for supporting these kinds of programs and giving others the opportunity to participate.
the picture and discreption of this product was everything thing it said it was. Excellent Iidea to give as a gift to someone.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? excellent
I am gave these as a gift. When the gift was received, the people really were pleased, but I haven't heard yet if anyone used the mixes. They are packaged well and shipped in enviromental friendly packaging, which I was really impressed with. No styrofoam!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product looks as though it is high quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? N/A
Given as a Christmas gift. I haven't tried it but they loved it! Exactly what they love AND for a great cause!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? N/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
I bought this as a gift for my mom in support of the company who produces these gift packages. They have found a need in the community and came up with an interesting solution - teach women to support themselves positively. My mom called and was delighted with her gift. She said the packaging was really nice and the soup and cornbread were delicious. I saw they have other gift sets too so I will be buying from this company again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice packaging and delicious soup and cornbread!
- How accurate was the sizing? As described.
I have only sent these as gifts and no one has commented on the quality of the food. However, they have commented that they appreciate it since it is a charitable cause. I can't imagine the food, once prepared, can be anything but decent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have only sent these as gifts but most people appreciate it because it is helping a charitable cause. No one has told me if it was good or not.
i loved the fact i helped a good cause and yet gave as a gift to friend for xmas. they loved it alot it was nice to get nice comments back. the price was good too but now they raised the price will not get again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? not apply
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not apply
- How accurate was the sizing? not apply
I often have trouble finding good gifts for my grandmothers. I feel like consumable gifts are the best and the most enjoyed but gift baskets are often very expensive. This is a great gift. I did not hear if the gift was tasty, but how could it not be? It is beans soup and cornbread. Yummy.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate