This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- A colorful bouquet of Andean wildflowers decorates mirror, underscored by a lavish green
- Graceful decorative accessory is hand-painted on the reverse side of glass
- Handcrafted mirror celebrates one of Peru's legendary art forms
- Frame measures 21.3 inches wide x 29.1 inches high x 2.6 inches deep
- Mirror measures 12 inches wide x 19.3 inches high
- Signed by the artist
Born in 1965, Edmundo Contreras Aquise works in the 'andahuaylino' style. He uses painted glass and crackled finishes in a technique both traditional and modern. His motifs range from pre-Hispanic, colonial and ethnic to the Andean world and its wildlife. 'I inherited my interest in art from my mother, a weaver. As an adolescent, I liked to create cartoons as a form of social protest (when terrorists threatened our land). I've exhibited my work at arts and crafts fairs, and in 1995 took first place in the Concurso Internacional para America Latina y el Caribe, winning the UNESCO Prize. One of my proudest moments was receiving the Vizcardo and Guzman Medal as a master artisan, awarded by the Peruvian Congress in 2002. My dream is for my art to be known and appreciated outside my country.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design and sizing. Subtle variations will occur from piece to piece, adding to its unique qualities. Measurements may vary slightly.
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.