be warned - if you unwrap this cape, looking for soft alpaca comfort and feel, you'll be disappointed. the acrylic rules the fabric mix - it's quite scratchy. I returned the one I ordered, having had found softer wraps/capes elsewhere for same/less price.
This shawl is lovely...definitely high quality and elegant. It's a bit heavy, but sure to be warm. The styling is simple enough that it can be worn for business, dressier events or with jeans. I know I'll get my money's worth with this purchase!
The coloring is jet black and not a washed out black. Fabric is warm, yet not too heavy. It is so versatile. I've used it as a wrap with formal attire, with a suit for a business function, and with jeans for a basketball game. Easily folds across a chair, in carry- on luggage, or on a grocery cart. Can be used as a blanket on a flight.
This item is beautiful—Loved the style. It's nice and long and everything about it is great, except that it's rather bulky to pack and the knit is not very soft. I was looking for something to throw in my bag on trips, but the knit is thick, and it's not very warm because of the acrylic content. I have a cashmere wrap that is a similar style. It's much warmer and of course softer. I would like this ruana made in an all natural softer yarn—the style was perfect.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
I love this shawl because it isn't flimsy and looks and feels like it's worth more than the quoted price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shawl has a good weight to it.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is one size fits all and is accurate.
Great gift. Very warm, light weight and soft. The long length is very fashionable.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the sizing? one size
Don't get me wrong - it is beautiful and warm. But the material is not quite as soft as the price would indicate for a wool/acrylic blend. It's best to wear long sleeves with this wrap, as it is mildly scratchy. The picture doesn't do the color justice - it's actually a true black.
Bought this for young woman who loves it because it can be worn with anything from jeans to evening dress. Jersey knit drapes nicely but not as soft as I'd expected. A blend with more alpaca & less acrylic would be ideal. All in all, still a good value.