I was so impressed with this stool, it is really a work of art. It is heavy, sturdy and made with so much thought and care. I was worried about the assembly but what it is, is the legs have a extra piece of wood that slides into a hole on the other side. Some reccomend putting a little wood glue into the hole to make it more sturdy but it doesn't make a difference in my opinion. The leather seat is so thick and the art work on it is just amazing. This stool could easily sell for double the price for the quality and size. I use mine as a stool by my front door and also as an ottoman in my living room. I am so happy yet again with Overstock.com!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was better then I thought it could be
- How accurate was the sizing? Yes
We wanted a small size furniture to fill in an open space close to the fireplace in our multi-culture themed living room. We also wanted it to be able to use it as extra seat or serving tray holder whenever it's needed.It really works well both ways. It's otherwise a piece of art sitting against our warm toned wall.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. attractive, multipal functionality,nice craftmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? true to the size
The craftsmanship on this stool is amazing! It's truly a work of art. My only issue, if you can call it that, is that the stool is larger than I pictured it in my mind. I planned to use this as a foot stool, but it's quite large and more suitable to use as seating or as an accent table. I will definitely check out the other items made by Moises Alvarez Santti.
Gorgeous! I can't believe I never reviewed my favorite possession. The richness and authenticity of the work shames anything machine-made. It's a stool, high enough for seating comfort, and an ottoman as well. It also can serve as a table; I would eat soup from it, but I have served coffee. The colorful embossed leather begs you to stroke it. Gorgeous!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes, though I was hoping the rosettes *wouldn't* match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superlative
- How accurate was the sizing? fine, but somehow seems more substantial than expected, which is good
My husband and I are thrilled with this stool. I am using it as an ottoman as I write this review. This piece is very functional as it is also a comfortable additional seat, or end table as well as an ottoman. The workmanship is beautiful and blends in well with our other items of interest from various places we or friends have visited. We are also pleased to be supporting fair trade artisans. The packaging was excellent, the best I have ever seen. The stool was treated as a fine work of art. This was a win-win purchase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Fairly accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and made of quality materials.
- How accurate was the sizing? Just as described.
Truly a beautiful piece! I wasn't strong enough to put it together myself (the legs fit snuggly into carved notches and needed more muscle than I have to get them in place), but my 22 yr old son was albe to do it without too much trouble. We are using is both as an ottoman and as additional seating by the fireplace. It's VERY sturdy & gets lots of compliments!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? I thought the color added to the leather looked more blue (mine is quite green), but otherwise it matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the sizing? very
This is a beautiful stool and the directions for putting it together were good. It would have been more helpful to have the last instruction about the use of glue as the first instruction! I have osteoarthritis in my hands and was still able to put the stool together.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect.
Gorgeous. It's modest on the one hand, and spectacular on the other. My friends have not been impressed, they barely notice it, but to me it is a fine work or art as well as so useful. Recommend!!!! We must not let the capability that went into making this go by the wayside.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? even better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine, double fine
- How accurate was the sizing? fine
I absolutely love this work of art! The colors are vibrant and beautifully etched into the leather. The wood is nicely carved and the stool has a good weight to it. Very easily assembled though wood glue was not included. I really love this and have gotten quite a few compliments. BUY ONE while they last!!
I ordered 2 of these ottomans the minute I realized the colors on them. They have a reddish patina to the wood and have gold outlining the crisscross legs with a rosette in red on one side and light bluish-green on the other leg. The tooling on the leather seat is highlighted with gold, olive green and red. These ottomans are very elaborate, and will be perfect in front of my fireplace. If you are looking to spice up a room, I believe these will do the trick. Oh, and make sure you have wood glue, because it is not included, and if you are like me you will want to put them together ASAP... (I am writing this review an hour after receiving them from UPS :-) )