Story Behind the Art:
- Handmade jewelry crafted in recycled tin and other metal wire
- Earrings features fun bicycle design
- Ear dangles make a great addition to your casual wardrobe
- You don't have to be a cyclist to enjoy these fun earrings
- Measure approx. 1 inch high x 1.5 inches long
Crafted in Kisumu, Kenya, and finished by the Teenage Mothers Association of Kenya. TEMAK is "the last house towards the Obunga slums," the most destitute area of Kisumu. TEMAK was organized to provide job training. As a community center, the organization also provides the villagers an educational forum for HIV/AIDS awareness and other health issues. Many of TEMAK's young women participate in making crafts, earning income to support themselves and their families. TEMAK has also become a craft center for the professional artisans and craftspeople in the town of Kisumu; providing local and international sales outlets that create a sustainable income for many in the community.
What is Worldstock?
The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.