Story Behind the Art:
- Black arabesques swirl across creamy ivory silk in a glorious decorative accessory design
- Created in batik, the motifs cover a feminine fan
- Silk and pinewood fan is an elegant accent piece for your home decor
- The silk on the fan is only a small part of a larger textile with a complete motif
- Open: 16.5 inches wide x 9.1 inches high x 0.8 inch deep
- Closed: 9.1 inches wide x 0.6 inch high x 1.2 inches deep
- Box: 9.8 inches wide x 1.8 inches high x 1 inch deep
Melati says, 'Art has always been a part of my family, as my mother is a dancer. I became even more fascinated with batik ever since I traveled around Indonesia and realized that it is appreciated throughout the world. Batik has a divine beauty evoked by its design, with a deep idealistic worth from the merging of Hindu-Javanese and Chinese cultures. Along with my husband Georg, I select the finest silk batik of Indonesia to create fashionable gift items. In my spare time, I also love to design jewelry. I really enjoy my life as a model, dancer, actress, wife, and mother of a beautiful daughter named Ni Luh Maha Chandani.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
ImportedShips Carbon Neutral*
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.