This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Floral motifs evoke red carnations that bloom on cool beige silk on a 'Carnations' batik scarf
- Silk scarf is crafted with exquisite elegance by Indonesian artisan Yuni Kristina
- Handmade wrap is a unique way to accessorize your outfit
- Peacocks fly amid the blossoms in a traditional Javanese design known as suwiri merak
- Dry clean or hand wash
- Measures 21.6 inches wide x 53.2 inches long
- Color: Beige/red
'I'm Yuni Kristina. I learned the art of batik when I was very young, since my mother is a batik artist. She has been making batik at home for 23 years, while waiting each day for my father, a fisherman, to come home from the sea. As you can imagine, batik is a part of my life. I started experimenting with the technique when I was 13 years old, with mori textiles. Now I've learned to create different motifs and to work with other materials, such as silk. My mother is my inspiration. She and I still design together, especially the floral and bird motifs that are typical in Pekalongan batik. I would like the batik of Bali to become well known around the world, since its beauty is outstanding.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design and sizing. Subtle variations will occur from piece to piece, adding to its unique qualities. Measurements may vary slightly.
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.