This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.
Laura Morales finds inspiration in Guatemala's legendary textile arts for the design of this placemat and napkins set. Hand-woven of cotton on a traditional pedal loom, the placemats feature diamonds and flowers while the napkins are a solid color.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Color/pattern: White, terracotta floral
- Includes: Six placemats, six napkins
- Material: 100-percent cotton
- Placemat dimensions: 14 inches wide x 20 inches long with 2-inch fringe
- Napkin dimensions: 11.5 inches wide x 11.5 inches long
- Care instructions: Machine wash separately in cold water
- The edges may show a slight curvature
'Life has taught me that new opportunities always arise no matter how dire things get: paths are opened and there are new doors to knock on,' believes Laura Morales. 'My grandmother was a seamstress and she used to sell her creations in the local market. She taught my mother and together they began designing and sewing fine clothes for children. Now I've specialized in products for home that are woven on a back strap or foot looms. Working with textiles is a passion that runs through our veins.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.Imported
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days.