I purchased these for a friend for a house warming gift but they looked awful! They look like a little kid painted them. In the picture they look great. They were also chipped with orange colored clay under the paint showing through. Need less to say I didn't give them to my friend and it's to late to send them back. I think I might make them food and water dishes for my cats and dog!
I have bought many of the pieces in this Tunisian "Sabrine" pottery set and, like almost all of them, the round bowls are lovely and will work very nicely for soup or salad, formal or informal setting. The square bowls (which likewise come in a group of 4) are gorgeous but really too big for use in a place setting. They actually look much more like serving bowls, so that is how I will use them.
These are some good looking bowls/plates. They say salad and pasta, but they are so wide and deep that you can put soup in them easily. Very thick to, so if you bump them into something by mistake these plates would not chip easy.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color was exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The plates are thick, heavy duty spanish style bowls. I also got the plates to match the set and I am very happy with the quality and the style.
- How accurate was the sizing? Exact
I love these bowls. They are unlike anything that I had seen in my local stores. A word of caution, I always wash them my hand because I am fearful that the dishwasher might be too hard on the finish.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the sizing? Great
I was so pleased when I received the Sabrine pasta bowls. We used them for the first time on Thanksgiving and I received many compliments from my guests on the design. They are the perfect size for a pasta course (or a salad), and the artistry adds beauty to the table. Thank you so much for making these lovely bowls.
I love the plates but I WOULD NOT PUT ANY FOOD ON THEM FOR SAFETY REASONS!!!!! I would suggest to buy 'lead detector kit' and test the plates or anything that is ornate and that comes from third world countries and China. Why? because how sure are you that the plates are lead free? they would say anything to make a sale. When my Mom had the stroke, the lady next to her had been poisoned by eating pasta on a lead plate...so said the neurologist. After this incident, I bought the led detection kit and I test everything! The plates are pretty...nothing wrong with them...it is the safety I am concerned with.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? njot applicable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not applicable
- How accurate was the sizing? not applicable