This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Beautiful jewelry boxes are a traditional Cajamarca handicraft
- Centering floral tendrils on a cool blue background, a single emerald hints at untold riches in these jewelry boxes
- Asunta Pelaez paints the jewelry boxes' motifs by hand on the reverse side of glass, giving them a colorful clarity
- Panes adorn a set of two gilded wood coffers
- Large box: 8.7 inches wide x 2.6 inches high x 4.3 inches deep
- Medium box: 7.5 inches wide x 2 inches high x 3.7 inches deep
'I am Asunta Pelaez. At first my husband's family taught me, then we united our skills and labor. The more I practiced, the more this craft won me over, offering me tremendous gratification. Now I consider it a way of life. This whole process demands incredible patience and attention to detail. My designs are inspired by nature, and by traditional scenes from my town and region.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.