This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.
These cosmetics bags are ideal for travel as well as to keep in a favorite handbag. Weavers from Guatemala's Yama Aj Chixot Artisan Group work on traditional pedal looms, expertly transforming cotton threads into a florid border.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Set includes: Two cosmetic bags, different sizes
- Color: Green
- Material: 100-percent cotton
- Exterior: Solid, floral
- Entrance: Zipper-top
- Lining: Solid green cotton Dacron and plastic
- Large dimensions: 5.9 inches high x 8.7 inches wide x 3.5 inches deep
- Medium dimensions: 3.9 inches high x 5.3 inches wide x 2.8 inches deep
- Care instructions: Hand wash in cold water with mild detergent
- Model: 185667
Yama Aj Chixot Artisan Group unites women artisans from San Juan Comalapa in Guatemala. 'In order to become successful, it is very important to be able to help one another. We are Kaqchiquel Maya women in search of our own social and economic empowerment, so that we may break the cycle of poverty. Together, we sow seeds for our children to reap,' says Mirian Otzin, who heads the group.What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.Imported
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days.